Protective devices (PROT) and Installation protective equipment (POW) are important parts for all industrial segments of safety components. Due to their important function, special attention should be paid to safety. At TUV Rheinland InterCert Kft. we test and certify safety products switches, relays, switchgear etc. and related products.
Our High Current Laboratory testing services ensure access to virtually all markets by testing and certifying products according to international requirements for among others CE, CB, ENEC.
TÜV Rheinland is one of the global leaders in testing and certification of high-voltage apparatus, distribution devices and other electrical products. Here in Budapest, TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft. offers independent, third-party certification for high-voltage electrical devices and components, according to safety standards in Europe and all over the world. Every part of an electrical appliance can be hazardous and one defective component can lead to disastrous results. Our experience and scope of accreditations help you to meet local and global electrical product safety regulations. In one package, we offer component testing and certification services ensuring your product access all around the world.
Testing Equipment in our Budapest Lab
Within TÜV Rheinland we are the European subsidiary with a High Current Testing laboratory. Our brand new, 130 m² laboratory area with over 60 testing equipment is ready to serve clients, manufacturers, end users at the highest possible level. We have been dealing with components testing more than 40 years. In 2020, we moved to new Short circuit lab where we can ensure the highest safety standards with our state-of-the-art test equipment.
To help ensure the safety and market compliance, TUV Rheinland InterCert Kft. provides a wide range testing and certification solutions for all segments of protective devices and installation protective equipment manufacturers and retailers including consumer products, automotive, industrial manufacturing, and energy sectors.
In order to be ready for the protective devices and installation protective equipment TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft. has installed a modern testing environment with 13kA short circuit test current.
Control of this system we installed specialized HDMI system based on Siemens technology. The transient measurements of test bench will be carried out with Hioki system.
The Short Circuit Laboratory has expanded the POW and PROT testing to cover products with 8kA making and breaking capacity.
Welcome to our virtual lab tour here:
Why TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft?
TÜV Rheinland stands for safety and quality in virtually all areas of business and life. Founded almost 150 years ago, and active in 56 countries, the company is one of the largest TIC (Testing, Inspection, Certification) companies which is active in 55 countries and employs more than 21,000 qualified persons worldwide. The company established its Hungarian subsidiary TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft in 1989.
In 2020 TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft. relocated its offices and labs from two locations into a new facility. Now, we present a new state of the art laboratory and test facility with over 5000 m².
In the new Location, we maintain laboratories for Mechanical Products, Electrical Safety, Luminaires & Environmental Simulation as well as a special High Current & Short Circuit Lab for components and a Medical Device Laboratory
We are looking forward to deliver the highest quality of service to our local and international customers all across the World.
We are here for you with the following scope:
- Comprehensive components testing & certification service portfolio (CB, ENEC, TÜV Mark)
- Complex products testing and certification from one location (safety, EMC, Environmental and Endurance Tests among others)
- Independent and accreditated third party laboratory
- Experienced technical experts on board
- Our wide products testing scope allow us to handle high current and short circuit testing and certification services projects for our clients from all over the world. Our clients are mainly manufacturers and retailers who want to sell their products in the European Union, United States and Canada, as well as in Australia or in the Asian market.
- Activate your global business - Digital communication, better transport and infrastructure have multiplied the opportunities for activating business worldwide. However, there are still many national regulations and rules. This often makes access to other markets difficult.
- Whether for industry, commerce, ICT or modern mobility and knowledge transfer - our Market Access Services (MAS) experts have comprehensive technical know-how in all areas of technology and business helping to ensure secure, international access to any target market. As part of our activities, we offer you efficient full-market-access-service for almost all regions of the world – from industrialized countries to emerging markets and developing regions.
Major standards we handle
- Our Accreditations: 17020, 17025, 17065,
- Our Designations: IECEE CB TL, ENEC TL, HAR, CPR
Installation protective equipment category
- IEC 60947, IEC 60947-2, IEC 60947-3, IEC 60947-4, IEC 60947-5, IEC 60947-6, IEC 60947-7, IEC 60947-8, IEC 61439, IEC 62019, IEC 62271-104, IEC 62314
Protective devices category
- IEC 60127-1, IEC 60127-7, IEC 60898, IEC 61008-1, IEC 61009-1, IEC 61540, IEC 62640, IEC 62752
Major Test Activities
Our test-oriented, newly-designed laboratories enable to effective testing processes and perform automated tasks in structured environments.
Our experience and scope of accreditations help you to meet local and global electrical product safety regulations. In one package, we offer component testing and certification services ensuring your product access all around the world.
Trust in our support and vast experience to answer any particular question related to this global certification scheme.
- TÜV Rheinland has worldwide several National Certification Bodies (NCB in INST and PROT category) and Testing Laboratories (CBTL) which include TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft. Hungary, a National Member Body in the worldwide recognized IECEE CB Scheme.
- Since the creation of the ENEC and ENEC+ we have been the Hungary laboratory.
Major Product Applications
Protective devices (PROT) and Installation protective equipment (POW):
- Protecting devices and controllers
Installation protective equipment (POW):
- Solid state relays (SSR's)
- Low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies
- Terminal Block
Major testing services
Issuing of test reports
Certificates fitting to your market demand:
- Certificate of Conformity (CoC):
States the conformity of the tested sample complies with the specified standards. It does not permit the use of any test mark and it does not prove the conformity of mass- produced products (factory inspection is not part of the certification).
- CB Test Certificate:
Verifies that the product complies with the applicable international IEC standards within the IECEE CB Scheme. A CB Test Certificate is valid with the pertaining CB Test Report.
- TÜV Bauart (Type Approved) Mark Certificate:
Verifies that a representative production sample complies with the relevant standard requirements and the production is regularly inspected. In general, those certified products are components intended to be built into larger arrays and equipment. The type testing scheme contributes to consumer protection and supports an increasingly safe and standard compliance for products coming into the market.
- ENEC Mark Certificate:
Verifies that the product (not only the tested sample) complies with the applicable European EN standards within the European ENEC Certification Scheme and the production is regularly inspected. It permits the use of the ENEC Mark. The ENEC Mark must be accompanied with the identification number of the issuing certification body. E.g.: TÜV Rheinland InterCert: ENEC 18
How to find us?
TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft.
Gizella út 51-57.
H-1143 Budapest, Hungary
Are you interested in our testing and certification services
Contact us now to request a quote!