Our solar energy yield services boost confidence in your PV products
Accurate energy yield measurements of real productivity and reliable performance assure investors and customers that your PV modules are up to the task.
We offer broad testing of PV modules ranging from straightforward comparative energy yield measurements to long-term degradation studies. Our comprehensive Linear Performance Loss Analysis provides a differentiated impact quantification of factors including but not limited to temperature, low irradiance and angle of incidence. Photovoltaic products that undergo our more specialized assessments are able to earn an energy rating label and test mark.
Having worked with the solar industry since its infancy, we are uniquely positioned to thoroughly and precisely assess state-of-the-art PV modules. We provide you the expert knowledge you need to specifically benefit your PV power plant.
Reach out to a service engineer and learn more about our solar energy yield services!
This energy yield label shows the exemplary rating show the exemplary rating based on data sets related to a moderate climate and the module’s performance, in Cologne. Further data for module benchmarking are subtropical, hot-arid and semi-desert climates, generated from TÜV Rheinland operated test-sites.
Reliable and high-performance PV power plants with our energy yield measurement services
Our PV module energy yield measurement services are useful to players across the solar industry. Our accurate assessments and energy rating label help PV module manufacturers effectively demonstrate the suitability, performance and reliability of their products. We verify the unique technological improvements of individual manufacturers for increased success in competitive markets. We provide EPC’s with the means to test supplier products beforehand and to choose the right PV technology with the highest yield for their projects. Research and development institutions also benefit by gaining insights that they can use to design new and innovative technologies.
Customized yield measurement services for photovoltaic modules
Our engineers work closely with you to assess your needs and design a testing portfolio that suits your specific situation. We have expertise in a range of tests, inspections and instructional offerings, including:
- Comparative energy yield measurements for R&D and marketing purposes as well as our globally recognized energy label rating and test mark
- Energy rating measurements according to IEC 61853 series
- AC and DC measurements of PV modules and -strings in different environmental zones divided into moderate, desert arid, desert coastal and tropical climates
- Sophisticated data analysis to separate and quantify the effect of different environmental factors on the energy yield performance of PV technologies (Linear Performance Loss Analysis LPLA)
- Long-term performance and degradation analysis in real operating conditions
- Sale and construction of turn-key measuring equipment for energy yield measurements
- Sale and construction of autonomous weather station and data acquisition
- Sale of environmental data sets of different climate zones
- Calibration services for weather stations, temperature sensors, irradiance detectors and spectrometers
- Organization and execution of workshops and trainings related to energy yield performance of PV systems
Our energy yield outdoor locations
Our global network of outdoor test sites offers different real-world conditions, where aspects such as irradiance, humidity, soiling and temperature among others are key factors for energy yield assessment. Our high-precision hardware is identical at all locations to allow for maximum comparability.
Our tailored Energy Yield testing programs
Our pre-packaged energy yield testing programs for PV modules provide a wide range of services in easy-to-use formats. Simply choose from either our Basic measurement program, one of our four comprehensive Energy Yield Rating Label certification packages, or our expeditious 3-month PV Sprint performance benchmark testing for minimum requirements. Speak with our expert to find out which program is best for you!
Photovoltaic energy yield measurements and ratings from a trusted partner
Our substantial experience in the solar energy sector qualifies us as a competent partner, but it is our reputation for excellence that makes us one of the most sought-after third-party inspectors in the field. Our energy yield rating label certification and test mark are globally recognized and symbolize your commitment to quality. We conduct testing according to international standards in our extensive network of state-of-the-art laboratories and provide our clients an easily accessible certification listing in our unique online Certipedia database. We are your trusted partner able to deliver comprehensive services from a single source.
Speak with one of our experts to find out which tests and services suit your needs!