Keep Your Composite Wood Products Free of Formaldehyde
When the California Air Resources Board (CARB) adopted the "Airborne Toxic Control Measure to Reduce Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products" ("ATCM"), compliance to formaldehyde emission standards became more important than ever before.
TÜV Rheinland – a CARB-approved third-party certifier and global leader in the field – can provide you with formaldehyde emission testing in composite wood products in accordance to CARB regulations.
Benefits at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland’s CARB service, you are assured of:
- Conformity to ATCM regulation and requirements (mandatory), including labeling
- Certification by a CARB-approved, third-party test agency and certifier
- Cost efficiency
- Quicker market access
- A lead against the competition with neutral third-party certification
- TÜV Rheinland's exclusive, one-stop service
Our California Air Resources Board (CARB) Services
In detail, our CARB services comprise the following:
- Performing CARB-approved formaldehyde tests on composite wood products
- Verifying the accuracy of emission testing procedures and facilities used by composite wood product manufacturers to conduct formaldehyde emission tests
- Monitoring manufacturers’ quality assurance programs
- Establishing quality assurance systems for manufacturers
- Providing independent audits and inspection
- Providing on-site factory audit services (quarterly/annually)
- Running certification programs for quality controllers
The "Airborne Toxic Control Measure to Reduce Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products" ("ATCM"; title 17, California Code of Regulations, sections 93120 - 93120.12), approved on April 18, 2008, established formaldehyde emission standards for composite wood products.
The ATCM requires all manufacturers of composite wood products to verify that they are compliant with the formaldehyde emission standards through a third-party certifier.
TÜV Rheinland is an established qualified testing laboratory for manufacturers.
Our services cover composite wood products, including:
- Hardwood plywood
- Medium-density fiberboard
Our Sustainability Initiatives
Nothing less than the future is at stake. Companies, institutions, public authorities and each and every one of us can play a positive role in shaping the path to tomorrow. We provide you with comprehensive support to ensure that you operate safely, sustainably and efficiently for many years to come.