Risktec is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. We help clients to manage health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE) and business risk in sectors where the impact of loss is high. Our people are high calibre and motivated professionals, with a clear focus on meeting clients’ expectations. We have offices across the UK and in the Netherlands, Dubai, Muscat, Houston and Calgary. We are privileged to have many of the world’s best companies as clients in many sectors, including oil, gas and chemical, nuclear and defence, transport, commercial and government sectors. We have delivered over 3,500 projects to over 900 clients in over 50 countries. Further information is available at www.risktec.tuv.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Graduate Engineer (Chemical, Physics, Mechanical or similar) to work effectively and collaboratively within our Rijswijk office in the Netherlands. You will support a range of projects within, but not limited to, oil and gas, chemical and renewable energy industries.
As part of the role you will gain experience supporting senior colleagues on project tasks and will develop a good understanding of the technical, engineering and operational issues fundamental to safety and risk management within a variety of industries.
At the same time as gaining practical experience, Risktec will provide a structured training programme that can lead to recognised qualifications. Risktec offers education programmes leading to postgraduate awards by Liverpool John Moores University (PgCert, PgDip, MSc) and training programmes utilising the same content but with a reduced level of assessment leading to Risktec Professional Qualifications. These are all completed via Distance Learning.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this role, including flexible working and a workplace that is easily accessible by public transport or car.
Providing technical safety support to senior colleagues and clients, working in areas such as:
• Hazard identification (HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA workshops);
• Consequence modelling (gas dispersion, heat radiation, jet fire / explosion modelling) using industry standard software and techniques;
• Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis (Bowtie workshops, QRA);
• Technical Safety Studies (EERA, ESSA, TRIA, BRA);
• Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) / Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determination / verification;
• HSE Cases and HSEQ Management Systems;
• Working on project deliverables on time and to budget;
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of standards, methods, data and use of appropriate software.
Qualifications and experience:
• Chemical, Physics, Mechanical Engineering (or similar) MSc degree;
• Working proficient knowledge of Dutch and English, both verbal and written; working proficient knowledge of German or Russian would be advantageous.
• Awareness of some of the technical safety studies listed above is desirable, as is the ability to interpret and understand Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and the supporting technical reports / data sheets, however training will be provided;
• Able to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently where needed;
• Clear communication skills are essential, both verbal and written;
• Strong analytical and logical skills;
• Able to travel within NL and abroad, often at short notice;
• This opportunity has high visibility and profile so we require an enthusiastic, confident individual who we would be proud to represent Risktec in front of our clients.
To apply for a position, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Risktec Solutions Ltd.
Then please send us your application using our online form.