Performance Tests for Plastics
Thermoplastics, elastomeres, thermosets, composite materials, and foams: tomorrow’s products are based on innovative plastics and polymers. But are your materials tough enough to withstand stress? We evaluate your products and test for legal compliance - covering everything from flexibility and abrasion resistance tests, impact tests, ozone resistance tests, melting point tests, and scanning electron microscopy analysis.
Benefits at a Glance
Independent products tests by the experts at TÜV Rheinland enable you to:
- Gain greater confidence when it comes to product liability
- Give customers clear guidance and improve your market position with an independent test mark
- Boost customers' confidence in the quality and reliability of your products
- Show that your products are certified and meet legal requirements
Our Testing Procedure
Chemical and Physical Tests
- Thermal analysis
- Differential scanning calorimetry, or DSC, to determine melting points, proof of thermosetting, and other thermally induced changes
- Thermogravimetric analysis to determine the composition of materials, such as rubber, or to determine filler material concentration, etc
- UV exposure
- Ozone resistance
- Chemical resistance
- Infrared spectroscopy (e.g., to identify plastic)
- Viscosity measurements, melt index, solvent viscosity
- Tensile, pressure, and flexural tests
- Creep tests
- Hardness tests, Shore A and D; IRHD; micro IRHD and ball hardness
- Impact tests
- Abrasion resistance tests
- Tear resistance tests
- Long-term behavior tests
- Microstructural examinations of microtomy sections to optimize processing conditions and improve quality
- Light microscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Special problem-based tests of all kinds
Our Test Standards
Our team tests your products based on the following standards and norms:
- Determination of tensile characteristics (DIN EN ISO 527)
- Determination of flexural characteristics (DIN EN ISO 178)
- Thermogravimetric analysis of polymers (DIN EN ISO 11 358)
- DSC, melting and crystallization temperature (ISO 11 357-3)
Polymer Testing Services by TÜV Rheinland India
TÜV Rheinland India’s polymer testing laboratory provides key analytical services to the design and manufacturing, automotive and aerospace industry as well as to research & development organizations. This laboratory serves manufacturers, including OEMs, and is a preferred testing destination for their supply chains.
The laboratory is capable of providing a range of high end testing services for all types of materials, including thermoplastics, elastomers, thermosets, composite materials, foams and more. Our world-class test equipment include SEM-EDS, Xenon Weather-meter, DSC, TGA, and Erichsen scratch tester.
Our facility offers specialised testing services including Mechanical properties, Thermomechanical properties, Rheological properties, Burning Properties, Emission behaviour, Material durability, Composition analysis, Polymer performance tests, Environmental ageing tests.
This laboratory is accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), under ISO/IEC 17025.