It is utmost priority of TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd. to safeguard its position as an independent third party by being impartial, integral and independent at all times. Therefore, it employs people that earnestly work by the company values.
In order to safeguard our professional reputation as TÜV Rheinland Group, we expect our employees and external personnel to act ethically and impartially in the long-term interest of our company and society.
It is essential that decisions of TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd. are based on objective evidence of conformity (or non-conformity) and decisions are not influenced by other interests or by other parties.
TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd. ensures that it is independent from the parties involved and does not have any link, which violates the conflict of interest & impartiality. By working contractual arrangements and appropriate organizational measures, it is ensured that the services are delivered without external influence.
TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd. ensures that, all interested parties have access to its services and the access is not conditional upon the size of the client or membership to any association or group and acts completely in a non-discriminatory manner.
TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd. ensures it is impartial and free from any commercial, financial, and other pressures, which might present a conflict of interest or an appearance of conflict of interest.
TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd. ensures impartiality is safeguarded at all times by;
- not involving employees in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, purchase, owning or maintenance of the items which they test, inspect, audit and certify
- not engaging employees in any consultation nor in any technical advice to customers during testing, inspection, auditing and certification activities , that may conflict with their independence of judgement and integrity in relation to the services provided.
- encouraging all personnel (internal and external) to reveal any situation known to them that may expose them or our company to conflict of interests;
- identifying threats to impartiality arising from the testing, inspection, auditing and certification activities of TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd.. Threats to impartiality include the following:
- Self-interest threats: threats that arise from person or body acting in their own interest.
- Self-review threats: threats that arise from a person or body reviewing the work done by themselves.
- Familiarity (or trust) threats: threats that arise from a person or body being too familiar with or trusting of another person instead of seeking objective evidence
- Intimidation threats: threats that arise from a person or body having a perception of being coerced openly or secretively, such as a threat to be replaced or reported to a supervisor
- Ownership threats: threats that arise from partner companies / Related Bodies / Shareholders
- Initiating actions to eliminate or minimize potential threats to impartiality.
- making testing, inspection, auditing and certification decisions based on objective evidence of conformity (or nonconformity) and that its decisions are not influenced by other interests or by other parties;
- not implying on customers that, testing, inspection, auditing and certification services would be simpler, easier or less expensive if a specific consultancy firm is used;
- taking action to correct inappropriate statements by any consultancy organization stating or implying that certification would be simpler, easier, faster or less expensive if the TÜV Rheinland services are used.
Md. Hasem Ali
Managing Director & Country Manager
TÜV Rheinland Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd.