|Client:||Tess Engineering Co., Ltd|
|Timeframe:||12.2013 – 06.2014|
|Project Location:||Tokushima Prefecture, Japan|
|Main services:||- Evaluation of the entire process of a photovoltaic power plant|
- Site evaluation
- Commencement of operations
|Involved regulations/ standards:||- International Standard IEC 62446|
- JIS and JEMA regulations for Japanese market
Initial situation and requirements
This is the first time in Japan that a third-party certification company comprehensively evaluated the entire process of a photovoltaic power plant, including involvement in the project from the planning stage, site evaluation, installation, and up to commencement of operations.
- Evaluation of operation and long-term reliability of investment required for Photovoltaic Power Plants.
- Certification of photovoltaic power plant with 1 megawatt output.
1. Technical evaluation from a neutral and independent position is performed at every stage:
- stage 1: planning and installation,
- stage 2: from installation to operation,
- stage 3: throughout plant operation.
2. A highly accurate energy yield prediction is conducted, including an on-site shadowing analysis. Further the project specification is investigated towards completeness and correctness.
3. Before the photovoltaic modules - PV are installed on-site, output measurement is performed at TÜV Rheinland Japan's photovoltaic laboratory to ensure the performance.
4. After mechanical completion, a comprehensive on-site inspection with full testing ensures the quality and safety of the plant construction.
Benefits for the client
By acquiring a comprehensive certification for photovoltaic power plants, plant operators, financial institutions, insurance companies and investors can expect following advantages:
- Power plant operators: Minimized safety risks from a technical standpoint
- Financial institutions and investors: Improved bankability and ROI