• Print
  • E-Mail

Approvals for Greater China

Your Access to the Greater China Market

Greater China (China, Hong Kong and Taiwan) rapidly is emerging as the world's leading economic power. TÜV Rheinland can help you avoid time-consuming and costly hurdles when entering the Chinese and Taiwanese markets.

We provide the full scope of testing services for Chinese CCC approval, for Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) certificates (safety) , energy label (energy efficiency), and telecom approvals (SRRC). Besides services for Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) (safety) and National Communications Commission (NCC) (telecom) approvals for the Taiwanese market, we also offer our expertise regarding the access of your products to Hong Kong. These include the S-mark (safety), energy efficiency, and Office of the Communications Authority (OFCA) certification for the approval of telecommunications products.

Benefits At A Glance

With TÜV Rheinland’s product approval, you:

  • Gain quicker access to your market of choice
  • Benefit from our years of experience and expertise


  • China
    • CCC Certificates for Electrical Products and Vehicle Components
      The most widely recognized authorization process is the China Compulsory Certification, or CCC. It applies first and foremost to electrical products and vehicle components. Relevant products that do not have the required CCC certificate will be held at the border. TÜV Rheinland provides consulting, research, organization and attendance of audits by Chinese inspectors, as well as the entire coordination, in order to make obtaining the CCC approval easier for you..

      SFDA Registration for Medical Products
      All medical devices must be registered with the State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA). We will be happy to assist you in both procedures of the CCC approval. For more information, please consult our Web pages on medical products and technology.

      RoHS Certificate for Electrical and Electronic Products
      Since March 2007, labels have been required for all electrical and electronic products containing hazardous substances. This regulation is comparable to the European RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC. Some differences apply in the scope and in the implementation of the guidelines. However, the six regulated hazardous substances are the same. Whatever it is you wish to import, our experts are here to help you with the procedures.

      NAL and SRRC Approvals
      The State Radio Regulatory Commission of the People’s Republic of China (SRRC) requires state laboratory testing and certification for radio equipment. Telecommunications devices that fall into one of the 28 product categories require a Network Access License (NAL). These devices must also be tested before receiving approval, and TÜV Rheinland can help make the compliance process easier and quicker.

      Energy Efficiency Label
      The China National Institute of Standardization (CNIS) issues requirements for energy efficiency of various products - and the list is growing longer. It already includes refrigerators, air conditioners, lights, and three-phase motors. If your product meets the Chinese standards, it can be registered by the CNIS.. We can help you to test and register your product.

  • Taiwan
      Since 2005, electrical, chemical, mechanical, and electronic devices imported to Taiwan R.O.C must be accompanied with a BSMI certificate to enter the market. Let TÜV Rheinland help you test and handle your product in compliance with these regulations.

      Depending on the scope of delivery and product safety levels, five different types of schemes are applicable, covering a range of products in the BSMI certification system. A list is provided by the BSMI and defines which scheme is applicable for which product. We are happy to research which scheme applies to your product.

      Certification Schemes:

      • BBI: Batch-by-Batch Inspection
      • RPC: Registration of Product Certification
      • DoC: Declaration of Conformity
      • TABI: Type-approved Batch Inspection
      • MI: Monitoring Inspection
      • NCC Approval

      Telecom products are regulated in Taiwan by the National Communications Commission (NCC). With branches all around the world, TÜV Rheinland can facilitate the certification process. Our tests can help you get the approval you need for your products in compliance with NCC regulations.

  • Hong Kong
    • S-mark Approval
      Most Electrical products designed for household use and soldupplied in Hong Kong are covered by the Electrical Products (Safety) Regulation. (EPSR).

      TÜV Rheinland can help you with the testing and the issueing of an S-mark certificate for products in compliance with EPSR regulations.

      OFCA Approval
      According to Hong Kong’s Telecommunication Ordinance, all telecommunication equipments and any industrial, scientific and medical equipments which intentionally emit radio frequency energy and that are used and sold in Hong Kong, must meet the minimum technical requirements prescribed in the Hong Kong Telecommunication Equipment Evaluation and Certification Scheme regarding the specifications for the purpose of electrical safety, prevention of interference and public network connection.

      We can help you get the approval you need for your products in compliance with OFCA regulations.

      Energy Efficiency Labelling Scheme
      The Hong Kong Government Authority EMSD (Electrical and Mechanical Services Department) requires that all products for supply in Hong Kong and regulated under the Mandatory Energy Efficiency Labeling Scheme (MEELS) are to be listed models with reference numbers and bear energy labels.

      MEELS currently covers five types of prescribed products, namely room air conditioners, refrigerating appliances, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), washing machines and dehumidifiers.

      Apart from MEELS, EMSD has also introduced a Voluntary Energy Efficiency Labelling Scheme (VEELS). The scheme now covers twenty one types of household appliances and office equipment, and has been extended to cover petrol passenger cars.

      We can provide service for the entire application process for all kinds of regulated products

  • Display all