SALEEM-Program for Saudi Arabia
Ensure efficient mandatory SALEEM certification for your products and shipments with our support services
Following the ‘Saudi Arabia Vision 2030’, the ‘Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization’ (SASO’ has set two strategic objectives, as part of the related ‘Saudi National Transformation Program 2020’:
1. Build consumer confidence in product sold in the market.
2. Guarantee the fair trade between the buyer and the seller.
To achieve those two strategic objectives, the “Launch of the Saudi Product Safety Program" (called “SALEEM" was initiated). Under this program, SASO will be issuing ‘Technical Regulations’ (TR) for the specific products, based on their nature, application, safety and performance aspects, with a focus on risks to consumers and the environment. The TRs include binding clauses which describe the Technical Requirements, Applicable Standards, and Conformity Assessment Procedures (CAPs) that shall be complied with. Compliant products to be placed on the Saudi market may be provided with a Product Certificate of Conformity (CoO), in preparation of Shipment Certificates of Conformity (CoC) required for Shipments of those certified products.
To successfully implement Saleem Program, SASO has introduced SABER System, a web-based portal for the issuance of Product COC and Shipment COCs.
The Certification process both of Products and Shipments starts with the Suppliers application via the SABER system. One of the following three Conformity Assessment Procedure (CAP) is defined in the applicable Technical Regulation:
1. Type 1a (Type test / ‘Attestation of Conformity’ applies to samples tested only)
2. Type 3 (Type test / Periodic testing of products from the point of production / Periodic assessment of the production process)
3. Type 5 – see ‘Saudi Quality Mark (SQM)'-scheme
The Shipment CoC of the registered Products, issued by a Recognized Conformity Assessment Body like TÜV Rheinland, indicates the quantity and further shipping information.
Hygienic / Food Contact
Environment / Eco
SABER Product CoC = 1 Year.
SABER Shipment CoC = 1 shipment.
- Sanitary Ware and other Construction Products
- Paint, Thinner and Household Detergents
- Degradable Plastic Products
- Textile and Personal Protective Equipment
- Toys, Playground Amusement and Fairground Equipment
- Materials and Surfaces in Contact with Food
- Electric Batteries and other Low-Voltage Equipment
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Automotive Spare Parts and Motor Lubricating Oils
- Electric and customized vehicles, trailers and trailer protective devices
Contact our experts for a quote
The content of our website has been compiled with meticulous care and to the best of our knowledge. However, we cannot assume liability on the page content to be up-to-date, complete or accurate.