One Small Step onto International Markets
One single audit and certification procedure can demonstrate the safety of your company's electrical products for the world's most important markets - the CB procedure. Our employees can audit your goods and give you support during international product homologation. The advantage of the CB certificate, accompanying CB report, and further country-specific documents in your hands is that you can go on to get the required national audit seals without any difficulty.
Benefits at a Glance
The CB procedure and certification from TÜV Rheinland helps you:
- Gain quick and easy access to the world's most important markets
- Save your company complicated, multiple audits
- Acquire audits and certificates required for many countries from just one source
- Gain the lead against the competition via a simplified procedure
- Benefit from short audit times and our extensive experience
Four Steps to CB homologation
You send us the required technical documents along with your order.
You state which production plants are involved in manufacturing your products.
You compile a list of all countries in which your product is to be marketed.
We prepare a CB report and, where required, include specific national requirements. On gaining a positive CB report, you will be issued with a CB certificate.
We also offer services for issuing or mediating national audit seals and licenses.
The CB Procedure
The CB procedure, CB short for 'Certification Body,' is based on an international agreement by the “Worldwide System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrical Equipment,” IECEE. It is an agreement between participating national certification bodies, including TÜV Rheinland, that aims for mutual recognition of the results of electrical product audits. Notified bodies from 52 countries, including primary industrialized nations, are now affiliated with the CB procedure - it is considered a basis for national certification in many countries of the EU, including those that are not yet official member states.
Examples of Tested Electrical Products, Criteria, and Norms
- Household appliances: IEC 60335
- Lighting: IEC 60598 and others
- Transformers: IEC 61558 and others
- Electrical handheld tools: IEC 60745, IEC 61029, and others
- IT systems: IEC 60950
- Audio and video devices: IEC 60065
- Measuring instruments: IEC 61010 and others
- Electrical medical devices: IEC 60601-1 and others
- Electro-magnetic compatibility: CISPR14-1 and others