Approval for Northern Europe (incl. Nordic Marks)
Simplify Nordic Approvals with TÜV Rheinland’s Nordic Certification Service
One of the challenges facing international companies that do business in several countries is the need to obtain multiple certifications of compliance. TÜV Rheinland simplifies the process by giving you the chance to have your electrical products certified in all Nordic countries in one easy step.
Through the Nordic Approval Scheme, the Nordic test houses SEMKO (Sweden), NEMKO (Norway), FIMKO (Finland), and DEMKO (Denmark) have established mutually agreed-upon test results. Through an agreement with FIMKO – Finland’s leading testing, certification, and calibration company – TÜV Rheinland can provide certification with the Finnish FI mark, which then certifies your products in the other countries’ test marks. The FI mark shows that an electrical product has been tested for safety and has earned the support of consumers and retailers.
Benefits at a Glance
With our Nordic certification service, you can:
- Have your product tested and certified to product safety standards that are valid in the Nordic and other European countries
- Obtain the four test marks of D, FI, N, and S with one single application and submission
- Increase your international market access through an extensive service network throughout the world
- Rely on quick and easy certificate application
- Take advantage of one-stop service, with one test and one-time document preparation
- Gain a lead against the competition with a neutral audit seal
- Reduce the risk of company liability with documented safety standards
- Benefit from fast audit times and our long-standing experience
- Show how high your high-quality standards are
- Ensure compliance with local government and legal requirements
Nordic Certification Service
Our experts run detailed tests and inspections and provide you with a completed CIG-023 factory inspection report, which is accepted by FIMKO for the FI mark.
The procedure for TÜV Rheinland’s Nordic certification service consists of the following steps:
- Initial meeting
- Document submission
- Preparation of documentation and test report
- Annual factory inspection
Good to Know
Finland, Sweden, and Denmark are European Union (EU) members. Generally, the local markets are readily accessible by any product bearing the CE mark, which shows conformance. Although Norway is not an EU member, its market is also open for products bearing the CE mark. Offered as a voluntary test mark, it has gained worldwide recognition as a sign of compliance with relevant safety and EMC standards, especially in IT and office equipment.
The following is the rated voltage for Nordic countries:
- Finland, Sweden, and Denmark – AC 220V, 50Hz
- Norway – AC 220/230V, 50Hz
If you’re interested in our Nordic certification service, you may also be interested in other international approvals, such as:
- CE mark
- CB scheme
- Certifications in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia
- Product safety testing
TÜV Rheinland’s Nordic certification service cover electrical products.