The FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate is issued by TÜV Rheinland to persons who have been qualified by an accepted course provider of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program in order to hold either a FS Engineer or FS Technician training course according to the topics offered.
These persons are engineers and specialists who are employed by or work for an accepted course provider and who have the appropriate high-level expert knowledge and have worked for many years in functional safety.
All holders of a FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate are qualified by an accepted course provider and assessed by TÜV Rheinland.
Trainers can hold the FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate in the following application areas or referring to the following topics for FS Engineer or FS Technician training courses:
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Hardware / Software Design acc. to IEC 61508
- Functional Safety of Machinery
- Automotive System Design acc. to ISO 26262 including Automotive – Safety Manager
- Process Hazard & Risk Analysis (PH & RA)
List of FS Trainers
Please see the current “List of FS Trainers” and click here.
The course provider, for whom the applicant intends to hold trainings, and future trainers - have to apply for the FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate directly with TÜV Rheinland.
Persons, who wish to apply for the FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate should contact TÜV Rheinland by email.
Costs for the FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate are € 3.000.
- The FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate is valid for three years.
- The validity of the FS Trainer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate can be extended.
- Please contact TÜV Rheinland approx. 3 months before validity expires by email.