The TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program also offers trainings regarding specified topics like Safety Instrumented Systems and Machinery. With these trainings participants have the option to obtain a "FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland)" certificate.
These trainigs are mainly targeted to persons who do not have a bachelor's or master's or any other technical engineering degree or similar education or authorization. Persons who work as technicians, mechanics, programmers etc. in the acc. application area and who have knowledge and expertise about functional safety in their specific field of business activity are recommended to attend this training.
But also many engineers, sales responsibles or managers, who do not have any knowledge in Functional Safety and the requirements of related and relevant standards but want to get a good and basic knowledge, have attended these trainings.
Participants who fulfil the defined requirements, participate in the complete training and pass the exam will get the "FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland)" certificate.
- Functional Safety of Machinery
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Machinery - CE Practice.
All trainers of FS Technician trainings are listed here.
List of FS Technician
Please see the current „List of FS Technicians“ and click here .
Participants of the FS Technician trainings shall fulfil the following requirements:
- proof of further technical education or vocational technical training or reference letter of employer confirming equivalent experiences and responsibilities,
- 2 years of work experience in the acc. application area (for example machinery or in Safety Instrumented Systems).
Persons, who do not have the according business experience may participate in the training as well as the exam. If they pass the exam successfully the FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland) certificate will be issued to them as soon as the necessary 2 years of business experience are achieved.
FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland) Certificate
The certificate will be issued by TÜV Rheinland in electronic form as pdf-scan by email.
The "FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland)" certificate confirms that:
- the holder has participated continuously in a training referring to a specified topic,
- the exam of this training has been passed,
- special knowledge in the according application area has been achieved by the participant,
- the participant has obtained the title "FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland)" in the according application area of the training.
Validity - Extension
The FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland) certificate is valid for 5 years.
The validity of the FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland) certificate can be extended after 5 years. Holders of this certificate will be contacted by TÜV Rheinland by email and will have to forward the following documents to TÜV Rheinland:
- an official letter from their employer, in which their current and continuous work in the specified area of certification (SIS) is described and/or confirmed;
- a form sheet filled in with all necessary information describing projects which have been carried out during the last 5 years of their professional life describing the gathrered experience in functional safety of the past years.
Costs for the 1st extension of validity of the FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland) certificate are Euro 350.