Due to the number of growing cyber threats in the worldwide industry and the increasing damage to companies, it is becoming more and more important for engineers to deal with the topic "Cyber Security" and the requirements of relevant international standards.
From 2018 on TÜV Rheinland also offers trainings for different target groups referring to "Cyber Security for the Industry" in the Cyber Security (CySec) Training Program. These trainings also end with an exam. Participants, who fulfil defined requirements and pass the exam, will obtain the "Cyber Security Specialist (TÜV Rheinland)" certificate.
- Fundamentals of Cyber Security
- Cyber Security for Components
- Security Risk Assessment
List of CySec Specialists
Please see the current „List of CySec Specialists“ and click here.
Attendants have to attend the complete training, fulfill defined requirements and need to pass the exam, taking place at the end of each training. Only if these requirements are fulfilled the CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) certificate is issued depicting the individual ID number and the application are or topic of the training attended.
The following requirements should be fulfilled:
- Proof of approx. 3 years of business experience in safety or security of industrial controllers.
- Proof of a technical education/training or degree (Diplom, Bachelor, Master) as engineer, computer scientist, physicist etc.
- Participation in the complete3-day training.
- Passing of exam with at least 75 % score rate.
Persons, who do not have the according business experience, may participate in the training as well as the exam. If they pass the exam successfully, the CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) certificate will be issued to them as soon as the necessary 3 years of business experience in the area of safety and security are achieved.
Participating in the exam only will not grant issue of the CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) certificate.
CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) Certificate
The CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) certificate will be sent in electronic form as pdf-file by email to each certificate holder. The CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) certificate confirms that:
- the person has participated continuously in a training of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program concerning a specified topic,
- has successfully passed the final exam of this training,
- has obtained specified knowledge, which he can integrate to his daily work,
- has obtained the title "CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland)" concerning the specified topic within the
- Cyber Security (CySec) Training Program.
Validity - Extension
The CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) certificate is valid for 5 years.
In order to extend the validity the of the CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland) certificate the following documents have to be sent by each holder to TÜV Rheinland:
- an official letter from his employer or from a customer, in which their current and continuous work in the specified area of certification is described and/or confirmed;
- a form sheet filled in with all necessary information describing projects which have been carried out during the last 5 years of his professional life describing his experience in Cyber Security. This certificate (1st extension) is valid for 5 years. (Costs are Euro 350.)