Safety Instrumented Systems - FS Technician
ABB is an accepted course provider of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program for Safety Instrumented Systems Training.
The goal of this course is to learn the principles and requirements of functional safety in the context of operation and maintenance of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) according to IEC 61508 / IEC 61511. The ABB T152 training is delivered as a mix of theory and worked examples to underpin the learning experience.
Course attendance is open to all interested parties. The course and examination can be delivered in the following languages: Danish / English / German / Polish & Spanish.
Achieving the threshold mark for the examination and meeting the prerequisites as detailed below will result in obtaining the FS Technician (TÜV Rheinland) certificate.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of functional safety management and the key features of IEC 61508 / IEC 61511.
- Describe the requirements of the safety lifecycle.
- Outline the key deliverables from the operations & maintenance safety lifecycle phase, roles and responsibilities.
- Explain the key factors used within the SIS engineering and design phase such as random hardware failure, architectural constraints and systematic capability.
- Understand the requirements for proper inspection, operation and maintenance of installed SIS as required by the safety standards.
This training is aimed at those who will be involved in supporting the commissioning, inspection, testing, operation, maintenance, modification and change management of SIS for process plant applications.
They are likely to be plant operators, control, instrumentation and electrical supervisors & technicians.
In accordance with the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program, students shall have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of functional safety
- Certificate in a relevant technical / engineering discipline or equivalent technical / engineering experience and responsibilities as certified by employer or engineering institution.
Please contact course provider