Safety Instrumented Systems
The objective of this training is to provide instrument engineers, application engineers, site engineers, project managers, operation engineers, maintenance engineers and all those who are involved in the design, realisation, maintenance and operation of safety systems with elementary and necessary knowledge about functional safety, based on the international standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
This training is designed to provide benefit for engineers with some experience in Functional Safety. It is highly recommended that participants either have experience in Safety of Machinery applications or have attended an introduction course on Functional Safety.
Prerequisite to do the examination is that the applicant has to attend Yokogawa's training course “TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer SIS”.
- Pass score is 75%.
- There are 60 multiple (3) choice questions. At the most 2 good answers per question are possible, which is indicated if applicable.
- There are 7 safety cases. The maximum points to be earned per case are mentioned.
- The examination questions and exercises will be handed over at the start of the examination.
- It is not allowed to bring any documents or (hand held) pc to the exam.
- It is not allowed to take any documents or notices from the exam.
- Check of the examination results will be done by two functional safety experts of Yokogawa.
- Counter check will be done by TÜV Rheinland.
- Discussion about the results is not possible.
- Applicants who succeed will receive their certificate from TÜV Rheinland, which may take some weeks.
Re-examination (for those who did not pass the examination)
Within one year after a failed examination, applicants may sign up once for another examination, free of charge.
If applicants sign up for attending the training course again, they have to pay full course price.
- English - Alternatively local language as Dutch, Korean or Hindi.
- In all cases the written material and examination will be in English only.
- at various Yokogawa premises world wide
- Alternatively in house trainings at customer premises can be organized.
locations and dates will be published on the TÜV website (tuvasi.com).
- Also available on Yokogawa website.
- Registration for attending the training will be closed two weeks before training date.
Please contact course provider