Safety Instrumented Systems (FS Engineer)
This certification program transfers functional safety knowledge and expertise to engineers who desire to achieve a global standard of compliance with IEC-61508-1 par 6.2.1 (h) and IEC-61511-1 par 5.2.2. and ANSI/ISA S84.00.01– 2004.
Participants who complete the Pantac Control training course continuously in the Instructor-Classroom setting, meet the eligibility criteria according to the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program and pass the proficiency examination, are eligible to receive a FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate for Safety Instrumented Systems.
In accordance with TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the field of functional safety.
- Bachelor degree as a minimum or equivalent engineer level responsibilities status as certified by the employer.
- Filled out eligibility forms must be sent in two weeks before training date at the latest.
Knowledge and comprehension of the Pantac Control training course material will be verified by a 4 hour proficiency examination consisting of 100 multiple choice, and 5 multipart working problems.
Overall passing criteria is 75%.
- Course lecture and exam are in English.
- Course hours are typically 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM with coffee and lunch breaks.
- Time for evening review of the day’s lecture material and exercise assignments is highly recommended.
- Students should be present and on time throughout the entire 3 days of lecture in order to be eligible to take the exam on the 4th day.
- All documentation necessary for the course will be in the Training Manual provided.
- Each student should bring a calculator to class and to the exam. The only engineering functions needed are exponents.
- The TÜV FSEng exam is a closed book exam focused on concepts and exercises reviewed during the lectures.
- On exam day, the students will only have their calculator as mentioned above, several pencils, and an eraser.
- Exam is limited to 5 hours. Students can plan to leave by NOON or as soon as they finish the exam.
Pricing is currently AUD 3.900 per person..