This 4 day FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) SIS course is run in accordance with the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program and comprises three days of classroom tuition and practical guidance, for understanding and mastering the application, principles and requirements of IEC 61508 / IEC 61511. There is a four hour two part competency assessment on the fourth day. Practical exercises are performed throughout the course based on real life examples.
The assessment on the last day is in two parts with:
- 70 multiple choice questions (1 mark each question)
- 10 multiple part questions (3 available marks per question)
- Pass score requirement is 75%
Successful participants, who must also have a minimum of 3 years functional safety experience, will achieve the prestigious FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) SIS certificate. All FS Engineers of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program are also listed on the TÜV Rheinland Certipedia.
Instrument Engineers, Process Engineers and Process Safety Engineers as well as Senior Operating and Maintenance personnel who are involved in any of the lifecycle phases for safety instrumented systems from hazard and risk assessment, shut down system/fire and gas systems design to testing and maintenance.
On the last day
A four (4) hour two part proficiency assessment comprising:
- Part 1 = 70 multiple choice questions (1 mark each question);
- Part 2 = 10 multiple part questions (3 marks each question).
The pass score criterion is 75%.
In accordance with the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of functional safety and safety instrumented systems.
- University degree or equivalent engineering diploma, or experience and responsibilities as certified by employer or engineering institution.
Course Duration is four (4) days.
The course will provide three days of classroom tuition and practical guidance for understanding and mastering the application, principles and requirements of IEC 61508 / IEC 61511.
Practical exercises will be performed throughout the course which will be based on real life examples.
There is a four hour two part examination proficiency assessment on the fourth day.
All training will be undertaken by a FS Expert (TÜV Rheinland) for the application area of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) who has been approved by TÜV Rheinland to provide their training program.
Training manuals containing all the presented material and exercise examples will be provided for each student.
Please contact course provider