Safety Instrumented Systems
This course is well suited to engineers and technologists who aim to follow the best engineering practices with regard to the application of Safety Instrumented Systems in the process industry, including:
- Executives responsible for establishing corporate tolerable risk targets;
- Managers responsible for determining SIS design standards;
- Engineers and technicians responsible for ensuring that SIS have been designed to appropriately mitigate the level of risk identified;
- Project Managers who need to understand the concepts and principles of IEC 61508 & 61511;
- Engineers involved in any aspect of the SIS Safety Lifecycle.
In accordance with the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in the field of functional safety.
University degree or equivalent engineer level responsibilities status as certified by employer.
A passing mark of 75% is required on the Final exam.
- Attend ACM's comprehensive TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program training in Safety Instrumented Systems;
- Pass the Final exam after attending ACM Automation Inc. training,
- Meet all other eligibility criteria according to the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program
... are eligible to receive a TÜV Rheinland certificate and to use the title "Functional Safety Engineer (TÜV Rheinland)" concerning the specified topic within the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program.
$ 4,300 CDN / person for complete 4,5 day training
Includes course material, registration fees and TÜV Rheinland certificate, if exam is passed successfully and requirements met.