Process Hazard & Risk Analysis
TÜV Rheinland Egypt is an accepted course provider of the training „Process Hazard & Risk Analysis“ of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program.
After attendance in this training, participants will understand …
- The PHRA principles and concepts in the internationally agreed standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511,
- The concepts and principles behind international standards that cover the area of process hazard and risk assessment and how and when to apply them including:
- −Hazard identification (HAZID) – ISO 17776
- −Hazard and operability study (HAZOP) – IE 61882
- −Event Tree Analysis – IEC 62502
- −Fault Tree Analysis – IEC 61025
- −Failure Mode and Effect Analysis – IEC 60812
- Tolerable risk targets and the concept of reducing risks to as low as reasonably possible (ALARP)
- The concepts and differences between qualitative, semi quantitative and quantitative risk assessment methods and when and how to apply them,
- How to set up, use and apply the most popular safety integrity level (SIL) risk assessment methods: Hazard Risk Matrix, Risk Graph, Layers of protection analysis (LOPA).
- The Interface between PHRA and the Safety Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Process Engineers,
- Safety Engineers and managers,
- Operations personnel and managers,
- Instrument engineers, as well as Maintenance engineers and personnel,
- Consultants, advisors,
- Persons involved in management, engineering, operations and safety of process operations as well as persons with HAZID study experience and who are involved in any of the early lifecycle phases for process hazard and risk assessment, allocation of safety layers and safety requirements specification.
In accordance with the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in the field of functional safety.
- University degree (Dipl.-Ing., Bachelor, Master, PhD etc.) or equivalent engineering experience and responsibilities as certified by employer or engineering institution.
Day four consists of a four-hour two-part exam with:
Part 1 = 30 multiple-choice questions – 1 Hour
Part 2 = Case Study with 7 milestone questions – 3 Hours
The training is led by Heshem Hanafy a TÜV Rheinland Expert and employee with many years of Process Industry engineering and Functional Safety experience.
- This training will provide participants the knowledge for understanding and mastering the application of the most popular and internationally adopted methods and tools for identifying, assessing and managing the hazards and risks associated with their process operations, as well as the confidence to a take a more active role in the PH&RA process.
- Successful participants, who also have sufficient experience, will achieve the FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) PHRA certificate.
- The training will provide three days of classroom tuition and practical guidance, mixed with a practical case study based on a real life example, which will take the participant through the PH&RA process concluding with the development of the SRS.
US-$ 2.300 without VAT (Euro 2.000)
Including training material, beverages and lunch, as well as the exam and FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate in case the exam is passed and requirements fulfilled accordingly.
US-$ 2.000 without VAT (Euro 1.750)
Including training material, beverages and lunch.