Fundamentals of Cyber Security
The training “Fundamentals of Cyber Security” is a 4 day training course including a 2-hour exam.
The objective of this training course is to provide participants the necessary knowledge to successfully deal with the Cyber Security challenges in the context of architecture, specification, operation, management and maintenance of Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS) according to the relevant standard IEC 62443.
This training course provides an essential understanding of Cyber Security technical and application fundamentals in the context of industrial communication networks and relevant technologies.
This course also provides an understanding of the key principles and practices that are introduced in the advanced trainings “Security Risk Assessment” and “Cyber Security for Components” of the TÜV Rheinland Cyber Security Training Program.
Upon completion of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of security and cyber security management and the key features of Industry standards and technical reports
- Understand the fundamentals of industrial communication networks and relevant technology
- Understand the requirements for communication protocols, routing and segmentation
- Appreciate the key requirements for countermeasures, design, operations & maintenance regarding cyber security lifecycle phases, roles and responsibilities
- Understand the requirements for organisational security, business impact, planning and recovery in terms of policy, procedures, guidelines and competency requirements
- Understand the requirements for proper inspection, operation, maintenance and modification of installed cyber security measures as required by several safety & security standards
Technicians, engineers, developers, system integrators, consultants and managers involved in the specification, design, development, maintenance, operations and management of IACS.
In general for interested persons with a need to understand the requirements and objectives of cyber security in the context of IACS.
There are no specific requirements for delegates wishing to attend this training course, however a basic knowledge of IACS, industrial communication networks and IT-/OT interface user knowledge would be beneficial.
The training course contents consist of the following eight topics:
- Security Awareness
- Standards, Frameworks and Guidelines
- Networking Basics
- TCP/IP Basics
- Technical Cyber Security
- Organizational Cyber Security
- Effective Countermeasures
- Further Aspects of Cyber Security
- The exam will take place on the fourth (4th) day of the training.
- The exam is a “closed book” exam and of approx. 1,5 – 2 hours.
- The exam consists of multiple choice questions only.
- Pass score is 75 %.
Certificate / Letter of Confirmation
- Participants who attend the training course and exam and pass the exam will receive a “Fundamentals of Cyber Security” certificate issued by TÜV Rheinland.
- Participants who do not attend the training course but sit the exam and pass it will receive a “Confirmation Letter” issued by TÜV Rheinland.
Attending the Fundamentals of Cyber Security training and passing the exam or only passing the exam of this training – is a prerequisite to attend the Cyber Security advanced trainings of the TÜV Rheinland Cyber Security Training Program.
The advanced training courses are:
Either the certificate “Fundamentals of Cyber Security” or the Letter of Confirmation are a prerequisite to obtain a “CySec Specialist for IACS (TÜV Rheinland)” certificate (as attending the advanced training and passing the exam).
For more details on schedules, costs and any other information about this training please get in contact with us.