Fundamentals of Cyber Security
ABB is an accepted course provider of the TÜV Rheinland Cyber Security Training Program for Industrial Automation Control Systems (IACS) Training.
The goal of this training is to provide an appreciation and awareness of the key organisational and technical requirements for the implementation of robust cyber security requirements in the context of Industrial Automation Control Systems.
Furthermore the fundamental principles for cyber security in the context of the management, technical, specification, design, operation and maintenance requirements of Industrial Automation Controls Systems (IACS) shall be learnt.
Course attendance is open to all parties and achieving the threshold mark for the examination will result in the candidate receiving a confirmation of attendance.
Upon completion of this TUV Rheinland course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of security and cyber security management and the key features of Industry standards and technical reports
- Understand the fundamentals of industrial communication networks and relevant technology
- Understand the requirements for communication protocols, routing and segmentation
- Appreciate the key requirements for countermeasures, design, operations & maintenance regarding cyber security lifecycle phases, roles and responsibilities
- Understand the requirements for organisational security, business impact, planning and recovery in terms of policy, procedures, guidelines and competency requirements
- Understand the requirements for proper inspection, operation, maintenance and modification of installed cyber security measures as required by the safety & security standards
This comprehensive training is targeted to engineers, managers, consultants and specialists who require a general introduction & awareness to the relevant industry cyber security requirements standards and the networking technology and communication principles. The course is particularly useful for those managers and engineers who may be directly or indirectly, involved in executing projects and/or operating and maintaining such IACS requirements covering the entire security & cyber security management lifecycle.
Course Type and Methods
This is an instructor led course with interactive classroom discussions and practical examples of implementation of Cyber Security Systems.
The duration is 4 days consisting of 3 days of tuition with an examination on the morning of the fourth day.
- Background on Cyber Security for IACS
- Regulations and Standards
- Management of Cyber Security
- Competency Management
- Cyber Security Lifecycle Phases and Planning
- Network Fundamentals
- TCP/IP Fundamentals
- Technical Security
- Organisational Security
- Operation, Maintenance and Modification
For the Cyber Security Fundamentals training price details and registrations, please contact us.