Green Product Mark
Reduce Product Environmental Footprint with Green Product Mark
Indicate the overall environmental preferability of your products with our Green Product Mark. The certification criteria behind this voluntary environmental labelling scheme are based on indicators arising from product life cycle considerations and aim to communicate verifiable and accurate information on environmental aspects of products. With the Green Product Mark certification, you give consumers and purchasers a clear guideline for environmentally preferable products with less environmental impact.
Benefits of Green Product Mark at a Glance
With the Green Product Mark from TÜV Rheinland, you:
- Tag your products on the market as green and environmentally friendly through the endorsement of independent third party.
- Provide public and private buyers with clarity and credibility that their purchases cause less stress on the environment.
- Secure business opportunities from purchasing contracts around the world that require the certification of eco-labels.
- Demonstrate your corporate commitment to environmental and social sustainability, and the leadership in green product development.
Three Pillars of Green Product Mark Certification Criteria
- Prevention of pollution: manage the emission of pollutants to air and discharges to water, responsible use and disposal of toxic and hazardous chemicals, and prevent other identifiable forms of pollutions like noise, odour, and light pollution;
- Sustainable use of resources: use electricity, fuels, raw and processed materials, and water more responsibly;
- Climate change mitigation: measure, report and reduce the carbon footprint of products using methods well defined in internationally agreed standards.
Valid Certification Criteria of Green Product Mark
- Wearable Device
- Cordless Phone
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen Machine
Certification Criteria of Green Product Mark under Development/Revision
- Paints and Coatings
Propose a New Product Category to be Certified by Green Product Mark
Participate in our Green Product Mark program
- Consumer products with a small environmental impact (PDF, 1.48 MB)