TÜV Rheinland Japan is a designated approval body with the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
Certify Your Telecom and Radio Equipment for Use in Japan
TÜV Rheinland Japan has been accredited by the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) as an certification body to conduct compliance testing according to technical requirements and design certification for telecom terminal equipment. We are also designated by the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications to test conformity of radio equipment to relevant technical requirements and construction design regulations. As a third-party testing laboratory, we test and certify radio products from a fair and neutral position, in accordance with the Japanese law.
Benefits at a Glance
With our telecommunication and radio certification services, you can be sure of:
- Certified equipment testing in accordance with national and international standards and legislation
- Fast and reliable certification service. Smooth entry to Japan Market
- With our rich experiences, we provide support for preparing necessary document for certification.
- TÜV Rheinland’s exclusive one-stop service
- Compliance with local government and legal requirements
We support you!
Various documents are required for the application. However you do not need to worry about this. Our Japanese staff supports you in the preparation of documents. We believe that our long-established test and experience in approval service will be sure to help you. Make TÜV Rheinland your partner whenever you need Japanese approvals for your equipment.
We provide “One-Stop Service” to issue certificates for radio equipment together with telecom terminal approvals and certification according to the Japanese electric safety law.
Certification of Telecom Terminal Equipment
There are two ways to proove that your telecom terminal equipment complies with the technical requirements.
The following certification services are conducted according to the “Rules Regarding Accreditation of the Conformity of Terminal Equipment to Technical Requirements”, Ordinance No. 15 of the MIC of 2004 in the Telecommunications Business Law.
(1) Article 8: Accreditation of the conformity of terminal equipment to technical requirements -- Accreditation of a single piece of equipment
(1) Article 19: Type certification of the conformity of terminal equipment to technical requirements -- Type certification for mass-produced products
The certification procedures are basically the same for both categories, but the price charged is different. Also, in case (1) (approval of a single piece of equipment) the documents that need to be submitted differ.
The certified products are listed on the MIC website(Japanese only).
Flow of Certification Procedure for Telecom Equipment
< click to enlarge
Certification of Radio Equipment
TÜV Rheinland Japan provides certification services for the conformity of all specified radio equipment and also the construction design regulations according to Japanese Radio Law.
After certification of conformity to relevant technical requirements and construction design regulations we report the following information to the MIC about the product:
Flow of Certification Procedure for Radio Equipment
< click to enlarge.
Services for Overseas Markets
In addition to the service for Japan you can utilize our vast experience of testing and approvals for other markets, such as USA/Canada, Europe, Asia and further regions.Please contact us for details.
TÜV Rheinland’s Telecommunication and Radio Certification Services
TÜV Rheinland’s telecommunication and radio certification services are done in accordance with applicable technical standards and the following legislation:
- The Telecommunications Business Law
- The Radio Act (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) Ordinance)
And, if you are interested in TÜV Rheinland’s telecommunication and radio certification services, you may also be interested in these services:
- Testing and certification services for FCC
- RED Directive
- EMC Directive