Coronavirus: TÜV Rheinland constantly evaluates the situation and makes appropriate decisions
The health of our customers and employees is our top priority.
We find ourselves in the midst of an unprecedented situation, the gravity of which is felt around the world. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has profoundly affected our way of life. COVID-19 has disrupted our lives, families, communities and businesses. At TÜV Rheinland we continue to closely monitor the evolving situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) globally.
While the circumstances of COVID-19 remain dynamic and uncertain, our main priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and community members. We continue making decisions based on the best interest, safety and health of all stakeholders, as we work to both, do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19, and continue to deliver timely and high-quality services to you.
In an effort to reduce the risk of anyone at TÜV Rheinland contracting or inadvertently spreading this disease, and to ensure business continuity, we have taken the necessary actions.
- We follow all measures recommended or ordered by the authorities.
- TÜV Rheinland employees are regularly and comprehensively informed about personal hygiene measures and sensible protective measures through our internal media, via e-mail and notices.
- Official travel to or from risk areas is prohibited.
- Hygiene precautions within TÜV Rheinland's premises have been significantly tightened. Door handles and handrails, for example, are disinfected several times a day and additional disinfectants are available in all areas.
Behavior in case of symptoms and infections:
- Employees are asked to stay at home if flu-like symptoms are present, to contact a doctor and inform their employer.
- Employees who are confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus must follow the instructions of the health authorities in their respective countries.
- Employees who have had contact with a person confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus are not allowed to visit their workplace and are requested to remain in domestic quarantine for two weeks.
- In the event of corona infection occurring on TÜV Rheinland's premises, the necessary measures are taken immediately, such as evacuation or disinfection of the workplaces or areas concerned, if necessary.
Rules in customer contact:
- The above-mentioned rules of conduct for our employees naturally also apply to their work for our customers. Due to our in-house scheduling, we can track when and where customer assignments take place and have taken place.
- Employees who have had contact with an infected person as described above are of course no longer allowed to attend customer appointments or meetings.
- If a confirmed corona infection occurs among employees, all customers with whom the employee has had contact in the last few days will be informed immediately on the basis of the information available to us.
- We ask all customers to ensure that our employees are extensively protected against infection by appropriate hygiene and protective measures during their work on site.
- If it should subsequently transpire that our employees have had contact with Corona-infected customer employees, we expect to be informed immediately so that we can take appropriate protective measures.
We stand with you all during this time of uncertainty. We are grateful for all of our first responders, healthcare staff, and everyone around the world working to contain COVID-19.
If you have any further questions in connection with the COVID-19, please contact us.
Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.