Transparency and Safety on European Markets
Only safe, flawless, and quality goods should be available on the European market – at least, that’s the objective of the CE mark. The mark proves that the product in question conforms to EU health and safety standards, whether it's toys or construction machines. Our experts conduct an audit on your products based on the appropriate EU regulations, such as the low-voltage or electromagnetic compatibility directive. Your CE declaration of conformity means your product now has right of way onto the European market.
Benefits at a Glance
A product audit by TÜV Rheinland and CE Marking helps you:
- Stick to current EU guidelines
- Reduce liability for your company with documented safety standards
- Improve the quality and safety of your products
- Take advantage of short audit times and our extensive experience
Four Steps to Your Product’s CE Marking
Our employees determine which directive are applicable to your product.
We carry out the conformity evaluation procedure and all required audits on your behalf. With a declaration of conformity, you demonstrate that your product complies with all valid regulations, such as health and safety product regulation or medical product regulations.
Some products or machines rated as dangerous need to have been initialized by an authorized body, such as TÜV Rheinland.
You can now label your product as CE Marking approved.
CE Directive and the CE Marking
The 'CE' abbreviation stands for 'Communauté Européenne,' French for 'European Union.' It also stands for EU-wide standards, which simplify the traffic of European goods.
- Low Voltage Directive for Electric Operational Products: 2014/35/EU
- Active Implantable Medical Devices: 90/385/EEC
- Pressure Equipment Directive: 2014/68/EU
- Simple Pressure Vessels: 2014/29/EU
- Toy Safety: 2009/48/EG
- Building materials: VO (EU) 305/2011
- Machines: 2006/42/EG
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC): 2014/30/EU
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): 89/686/EEC (from 21.4.2018: VO (EU) 2016/425)
- Ecodesign requirements for energy-using products: 2005/32/EG
- Medical Products: 93/42/EEC
- Lifts: 2014/33/EU
Important Changes regarding TÜV OEM Rheinland Certificates.
Safety and quality have been our passion for many years. We test, inspect and certify for you and manage projects with you. Based on our business relationships going back many years, you know us as a reliable and capable partner. Therefore it is very important for us to have our customers well-informed and updated on the most recent changes related to the testing and certification environment. Today we are pleased to inform you about important changes regarding your TÜV Rheinland OEM Certificates. These changes are necessary to comply with the requirements of our Accreditation Bodies, Authorities, Regulations and Laws. Therefore we would like to detail out the scope and practical application of this approach by answering some questions one by one.
|Please click here to get informed.||894 KB||Download|
This might also interest you
Webinar: CE Marking Global Technical Compliance
Listen to Tony Woodford, Business Development Manager at TUV Rheinland, lecturing as a guest speaker in this webinar on CE Marking and Global Technical Compliance.
|Route to CE Safety - TUV Rheinland UK||537 KB||Download|