Putting Sprinklers and Hydrants to the Test
When putting out fires, every second counts. Well-maintained fire extinguishing systems protect human life and material assets. Our experts help you plan, repair, and renovate hydrants and sprinkler systems. We carry out risk assessments, support you during the regulatory approval process, and carry out all fire protection–related testing – acceptance testing, periodic inspections, and testing compliant with property insurers’ guidelines and statutory guidelines.
Your Benefits at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland as your partner in all matters related to fire extinguishing systems, you:
- Have proof that you are fulfilling your due diligence, thereby protecting yourself in the event of litigation due to loss or damage
- Have facts to support your case in the event of an insurance claim
- Avoid planning errors and ensure trouble-free operation
- Save time through the smooth execution of regulatory approval procedures
- Gain access to one-stop shop service and nationwide support with no regional restrictions
- Can optimize your inspection management through the Internet-based EquipmentOnline® service
- Can take advantage of our many years of industrial and customer service experience, our high quality standards, and our professional objectivity
Our Services for Sprinkler and Hydrant Systems
We provide all the support you need for sprinkler and hydrant systems, including:
- Acceptance testing prior to commissioning
- Periodic testing
- Risk assessments (German acronym: GBUs)
- Review of technical documentation
- Support during the planning phase
- Monitoring to comply with testing deadlines
- Information and advice on safety regulations and technical design options during planning, installation, and modification
- Support for repair and renovation
- Expert reports
- Support during regulatory approval processes
- Certification according to competences
We Handle the Following Testing for You
Tests that comply with occupational safety and health laws
Occupational safety and health laws require a risk assessment. Depending on the potential risks determined, we also carry out the prescribed testing of gas and fire extinguishing systems at regular intervals, helping you achieve optimal fire protection.
Testing that complies with the technical test regulations and special construction regulations of the German federal states
Fire protection in public areas and buildings is subject to the special requirements of state construction legislation. Our recognized experts verify the functionality of the equipment and the operational reliability of building services specific to fire protection systems.
Testing that complies with the requirements of property insurers
Insurance coverage provided by a property insurer is contingent on specific requirements. Our experts make certain that you fulfill those requirements.