Easier Global Market Access for Wires and Cables
The wire and cable industry now has new opportunities to expand, thanks to the rapid development of the energy, railway, rail transit, construction, communication, shipping, and automobile industries. To stand out from your competitors in today’s increasingly competitive international marketplace, it is crucial that you demonstrate the quality and safety of your wire and cable products by ensuring compliance with all relevant standards in target markets.
TÜV Rheinland has almost 20 years of experience in testing and certifying wires and cables – with in-depth knowledge of the latest international certification criteria for wire and cable products. We can provide you with a professional, one-stop local service for most types of conventional cables, photovoltaic (PV) cables, wind energy-related cables, locomotive cables, high-voltage cables, and many other types of cables.
In 2011, TÜV Rheinland was the first to issue an industry recognized electric car charging cable standard, helping companies gain access to the booming electric car market.
Benefits at a Glance
With Certipedia as your partner for wire and cable testing and certification, you benefit from the following:
- Through our in-depth cooperation various local testing bodies, we can offer local services to reduce the testing and certification lead time
- Our test reports are widely recognized by overseas buyers, providing you with greater access to global markets
- TÜV Rheinland’s internationally recognized test marks certify your compliance with legal requirements
- We can help you reduce risk of liability by certifying the safety of your products
- Certipedia enhances your credibility and competence in both the global and domestic marketplaces
- We offer testing and certification based on the requirements of TÜV, CE, CB scheme , INMETRO, cTUVus, PSE, and S+ with only one set of samples required
- We help you add value to your products by testing and certifying them in accordance with national criteria, such as GB, DIN, VDE, HD, EN, IEC, BSI, UL, JIS, and AS/NZS norms
- We run tests and produce reports according to your specific requirements
The new EU standard EN 50525 will replace the harmonized HD21 and HD22 series standards from January 2014. TÜV Rheinland offers testing and certification services for compliance with the new standard for all wire and cable manufacturing clients.
TÜV Rheinland offers testing and certification services for the following products and product groups:
- Electric vehicle cables
- Medium and high-voltage power cables
- Polyvinyl chloride or cross-linked insulated cables
- Halogen-free thermoplastic compound insulated cables
- Arc-welding cables
- Lift cables
- Cables for railway applications
- Ship cables
- Wind turbine power cables
- PV cables
- Nuclear cables
- Cables for digital communication
- Coaxial cables
- Optical fibre cables