Detect Flaws Faster and Better with Ultrasonic Testing
Detecting flaws early on is of utmost importance. But you don’t want the process to be time consuming or costly.
To help you, TÜV Rheinland offers ultrasonic testing (UT) services. UT is a conventional non-destructive testing (NDT) method for thickness testing. Using UT, we can detect extremely small flaws or discontinuities in a product, with only one surface required for exposure. Our equipment is portable and can provide quick and highly accurate inspections.
Benefits of Our UT Testing Services at a Glance
With UT services from TÜV Rheinland, you can be sure of:
- Quick, highly accurate inspections
- Finding any flaws or discontinuities, including extremely small or minute issues in a product
- No downtime, as with radiographic testing (RT)
- A lead against the competition with a neutral audit seal
- Reduced risk of company liability with documented safety standards
- Fast audit times and our long-standing experience
- TÜV Rheinland’s exclusive, one-stop shop service
- Compliance with local government and legal requirements
UT Testing Approach
An ultrasonic transducer connected to a diagnostic machine is put in contact with the object under inspection. The end results are pulse waves that are transmitted through the product. When measured, these can determine imperfections and thicknesses. They can even measure the size of the imperfections or inclusions in a product.
Our personnel is trained in ultrasonic testing techniques and is certified to UT levels I, II, and III and for either the European Norm (EN) or American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT). They can interpret the results on-site and are able to give a quick response, enabling product comparison to the given standard so that appropriate measures can be taken.
More Information on UT Testing
With short ultrasonic pulse waves that are launched through materials in sequence, you can detect internal flaws or characterize differences. The technique is also commonly used to determine the thickness of the test objects or to find inclusions in products. These waves are measured and compared to standards for product verification. The material of the product can vary as long as sound waves can be transferred through the product.
If you are interested in TÜV Rheinland’s ultrasonic testing services, you may also be interested in our services covering these areas:
- Time of flight diffraction (ToFD)
- Non-destructive testing of welds
- Positive material identification - SA