USA (CARB) - Proposed Amendments to the Heavy-Duty Engine and Vehicle Omnibus Regulation and Associated Amendments
On May 5, the California Air Resources Board (CARB or Board) posted a Notice of Public Availability of Modified Text and Availability of Additional Documents for the proposed Heavy-Duty Engine and Vehicle Omnibus Regulation and Associated Amendments (HD Omnibus Regulation).
The proposed amendments include but are not limited to the following:
- Limited exemption for 2024 through 2026 MY heavy-duty engines rated at or above 525 brake horsepower (bhp) maximum power;
- Revisions to the cycle-validation criteria for operation over the low load cycle (LLC) for alternative-fueled engines;
- Additional options for mileage and service accumulation procedures for durability demonstration;
- Modifications to the California averaging, banking and trading (CA-ABT) program;
- Modifications to the heavy-duty in-use testing program;
- Modifications to the emissions warranty information reporting and scheduled maintenance requirements;
- Modifications to the OBD requirements for 2022 to 2023 MY heavy duty engines;
- Removal of the optional 50-state-directed engine emission standards; and
- A new exemption process for qualifying transit agencies.
Deadline for public comment: June 4, 2021
Deadline for adoption and final approval: TBD
Source Link: CARB´s Heavy-Duty Omnibus Regulation May 5, 2021