Safer Laser Products
Whether you manufacture or sell CD and DVD drives, laser pointers, or Blu Ray discs - you are probably more than aware of the potential hazards of high-powered, bundled radiation in laser products. As an independent testing institute, TÜV Rheinland can check your products for full compliance. We can classify and certify your products in accordance with international standards and the prescribed DIN EN 60825 norm.
Benefits at a Glance
With product testing and certification from TÜV Rheinland:
- Your products meet the national and international requirements of the directive for laser products
- You get a detailed overview of the potential degree of risk and of how effective safeguards are
- Document the reliability of your products with an independent seal
- You boost confidence in the quality and durability of your products
EN 60825 Certification
The DIN EN 60825 norm classes products by their increasing degree of risk - mainly for eyes and skin. The class must be marked on the product. And Class 4 laser equipment must be equipped with emissions warning devices, which emit an audible signal in the case of power drain.
Tests for Electrical Safety of LED Lighting
- Checks in accordance with product safety regulations ((German) Product Safety Act, ProdSG)
- Checks in accordance with the EU Low-Voltage Directive 2014/35/EC
- Checks in accordance with safety standards for LED lamps: DIN EN 62560:2016-09 and IEC 62 471
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Tests
- Checks in accordance with EMC Directive 2014/30/EU: Emission and Stability
- Quality control throughout EMC: EN 55015, EN 61547, EN 61000-3-2, and EN 61000-3-3
Tests / Checks for Compliance with RoHS
- Heavy metals: lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium VI
- Critical organic substances
Quality and Usage Features of LED Lighting Systems
LED lamps are small, economical, robust, and bright. Currently, they are largely used for spot lighting. The main advantages of LEDs are their long lifespan of more than 15,000 hours, as well as their stability against impacts and switching.
Requirement checks for operating LED lighting: E DIN IEC 62 612
- Lamp power
- Luminous flux
- Color temperature and color rendering
- Lamp lifespan
- Durability of built-in ballast
- Dimming ability
Get Risks under Control with our Tests
Nowadays, modern communications and lighting technology often includes LED and laser technology. This technology enables both quick and uninterrupted communication and modern, energy-efficient lighting. The potential dangers of high-powered and bundled laser radiation are well known. But even modern LED lighting can bear dangers for the human body. Like lasers, modern high-performance LEDs emit photobiological radiation, which can threaten health in high concentrations.
Exports Made Easy
If you want to export laser products to specific economic zones, for example to the U.S., the product must be listed by the responsible federal authorities. We can take care of the formal and regulatory registration process.
- CD / DVD Drives
- Laser Pointer
- Blu-ray discs
- Laser systems (disco lasers)
- Lighting systems with LED technology
- Industrial machinery for processing products using laser technology
- Optical fibers