Reduce Product Environmental Footprint with Green Product Mark
Indicate the overall environmental preferability of your products with our Green Product Mark. The certification criteria behind this voluntary environmental labelling scheme are based on indicators arising from product life cycle considerations and aim to communicate verifiable and accurate information on environmental aspects of products. With the Green Product Mark certification, you give consumers and purchasers a clear guideline for environmentally preferable products with less environmental impact.
Benefits of Green Product Mark at a Glance
With the Green Product Mark from TÜV Rheinland, you:
- Tag your products on the market as green and environmentally friendly through the endorsement of independent third party.
- Provide public and private buyers with clarity and credibility that their purchases cause less stress on the environment.
- Secure business opportunities from purchasing contracts around the world that require the certification of eco-labels.
- Demonstrate your corporate commitment to environmental and social sustainability, and the leadership in green product development.
Three Pillars of Green Product Mark Certification Criteria
- Prevention of pollution: manage the emission of pollutants to air and discharges to water, responsible use and disposal of toxic and hazardous chemicals, and prevent other identifiable forms of pollutions like noise, odour, and light pollution;
- Sustainable use of resources: use electricity, fuels, raw and processed materials, and water more responsibly;
- Climate change mitigation: measure, report and reduce the carbon footprint of products using methods well defined in internationally agreed standards.
Green Product Mark Empowers Sustainable Procurement
By differentiating environmentally preferable products from others in the product category, Green Product Mark help both public and private purchasers acquire the goods and services that cause less stress on the environment and achieve sustainable procurement goals. Green Product Mark is a multi-attribute ecolabel recommended by US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to help US federal purchasers identify and procure environmentally sustainable products and services.
Valid Certification Criteria of Green Product Mark
- Wearable Device
- Cordless Phone
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen Machine
- Routing Switch
Certification Criteria of Green Product Mark under Development/Revision (Open for Consultation)
- Paints and Coatings
- Photovoltaic Modules
- Textiles, Shoes and Bags
Propose a New Product Category to be Certified by Green Product Mark
As the scheme owner of Green Product Mark, TÜV Rheinland is a full member of Global Ecolabelling Network (GEN) which is a non-profit association of global leading ecolabelling bodies founded in 1994. The operation system of Green Product Mark has passed the peer review process of GEN Internationally Coordinated Ecolabelling System (GENICES), which provides basis for the mutual trust and confidence between Green Product Mark and other peer ecolabelling schemes.
TÜV Rheinland has been supporting the implementation of sustainable public procurement around the world. TÜV Rheinland is the partner of UNEP 10YFP Sustainable Public Procurement Programme and an associate partner of ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability. TÜV Rheinland is also a member of US Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council.
Green Product Mark Scheme Documents
Green Product Mark Certification Scheme Summary
|Green Product Mark Certification Fee Schedule||45 KB||Download|
Important Changes regarding TÜV OEM Rheinland Certificates.
Safety and quality have been our passion for many years. We test, inspect and certify for you and manage projects with you. Based on our business relationships going back many years, you know us as a reliable and capable partner. Therefore it is very important for us to have our customers well-informed and updated on the most recent changes related to the testing and certification environment. Today we are pleased to inform you about important changes regarding your TÜV Rheinland OEM Certificates. These changes are necessary to comply with the requirements of our Accreditation Bodies, Authorities, Regulations and Laws. Therefore we would like to detail out the scope and practical application of this approach by answering some questions one by one.
|Please click here to get informed.||894 KB||Download|