Brazil (INMETRO) - Equipments and Electrical Components Approval
Open doors with Brazil´s INMETRO certification
TÜV Rheinland is accredited by the authority 'General Coordination for Accreditation of Inmetro (Cgcre)' as an Certification Body for the local INMETRO-scheme. For more than 10 years, we test and certify regulated products with regards to product safety and energy efficiency (where applicable). Our one-stop shop services help in getting the required INMETRO- and further product approvals for Brazil.
The INMETRO approval procedure consists of 5 simple steps:
1. Product review: Which products you like to market in Brazil ?
2. Document analysis: Verification of relevant regulations and standards applicable to each product
3. Factory inspection: Production assessment and sample drawing
4. Testing: Product assessment per Brazilian standards (mostly harmonized with international CB-standards)
5. Certification: Once all previous steps are successfully completed, the TÜV Rheinland certificate is issued to your local representative and to INMETRO
The certificate validity depends on the specific product regulation. As long as the market surveillance process (surveillance tests and factory inspections) is conducted regularly, the certificate will be automatically renewed.
Low voltage equipment (Cables, Components, Household appliances, IT equipment, Lighting), Medical Devices (Active and Non-Active), Equipment for Use in Explosive Atmospheres, Gas Appliances
Contact our experts for a quote
The content of our website has been compiled with meticulous care and to the best of our knowledge. However, we cannot assume liability on the page content to be up-to-date, complete or accurate.