Vocational education and training based on the German model is held in high esteem abroad. At the intergovernmental level, there are more and more cooperation agreements to advise partner countries on the further development of their structures, to become better acquainted with this form of initial and continuing vocational education and training, and in some cases to implement it in their countries in an adapted form.
But how can vocational schools abroad validate that they are adopting a German dual vocational training system? This can be achieved with our skill certification services and our TVET Quality Maturity Index for schools and educational institutions.
- PersCert Certification
- TVET Quality Maturity Index
Documenting success, incentivizing improvements
As nationally and globally active training service provider with extensive experience in the operational implementation of dual vocational qualifications, TÜV Rheinland Academy has bundled the aspects of a quality system in terms of content and organization and created a maturity assessment system. Foreign vocational schools and training providers can thus rely on an assessment system against which they can align their efforts. Success is externally documented and transparent and improvements are internally incentivized. The focus is on all the necessary conditions, structures and documentation required for the operational implementation of dual-system training. Either a complete occupational profile can be mapped or selected core modules of the training profile. Central aspects of a dual system - such as the school/company relation-ship - are given special weighting.
What do we check in the field of the TVET Quality Maturity Index?
- We evaluate the individual competence of trainers or trainees.
- We evaluate the available technical facilities and their suitability for practical training.
- We evaluate internal delivery processes.
- We verify whether the technical systems are safely installed and being safely operated.
- We define test systems for the evaluation and verification of competences in collaboration with PersCert TÜV in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024 .
- We advise schools on the development of quality standards according to dual education criteria.