TÜV Rheinland Global Rail – North Americas
TÜV Rheinland is home to Rail Safety Consulting (RSC), North America’s largest and most experienced team of railroad safety experts.
Our staff averages over twenty years of experience in the field of rail transportation safety, drawing from a diverse array of industry backgrounds and experience. Our team provides an extensive service portfolio which includes safety analysis, training, RAMS, and audits.
Our expertise in North American railway safety standards and regulations allows us to service freight, passenger, commuter, short line, transit, and all other major types of railways.
Rail Safety Consulting specializations
RSC specializes in the safety assessment of modern processor-based train control and signaling systems, particularly PTC and CBTC. RSC’s staff have been active contributors to the FRA Railroad Safety Advisory Committee Working Group for PTC. We perform assessments and provide guidance according to all recognized international standards and regulations, such as:
Rail Safety Consulting offers
RSC offers an extensive array of services to the North American market, some of which are highlighted below. Please contact us to learn how our staff’s skills and experience can meet your project’s needs.
All PTC safety responsibilities, including:
- Safety Case (PTCSP) Development
- Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Safety Program Management
- System Safety Assessment
- Specification Development
- Independent Safety Assessor (ISA)
- CBTC system Independent Safety Assessor
- Safety Analysis of signaling and train control equipment, both wayside and on-board
- Evaluation and/or Safety Assessment of many types of equipment, including:
- Interlocking controllers
- Switch machines
- Solid-state relays
- Track circuits
- Office equipment
- Crossing gate mechanisms
- Safety training program development
- Site safety audits and assessments
- Human factors analysis
- Testing to international rail standards using certified labs and Notified Body services through cooperation with TÜV Rheinland worldwide
References of the region
|Jeffrey Twombly, P.E.
|1151 Pittsford-Victor Road
Pittsford, NY 14534
|Tel.: (585) 203-1095
Fax: (585) 203-1094