is experiencing a profound structural change. The liberalized trade in electricity, gas and heat, the use of renewable and decentralized available energy sources such as
solar, wind and biomass
as well as the communication with consumers, who increasingly also assume the role of producers, all lead to entirely new requirements for information systems in the energy industry.
Large amounts of data make it necessary to meet additional regulatory requirements in terms of the availability and confidentiality of data. In addition, IP-based systems are a challenge for the strategic
security of critical infrastructures
. Since the flood of data in the context of smart metering and intelligent networks is still rising, information security for network operators will be a fundamental factor for future success.
Increasingly, major network operators see themselves exposed to targeted cyber attacks. Even if critical infrastructures are not affected, criminal attacks on websites and e-mail infrastructure can lead to total failure of external services such as Exchange mail communication and web presence.
TÜV Rheinland is currently the leading independent service provider in Germany and combines
expertise in information security - L0
with a comprehensive expertise in industry and has been managing the technical safety of people and the environment internationally as a core business for more than 140 years.
TÜV Rheinland offers companies and institutions holistic information security from
strategic consulting - L0
, conceptual planning and process optimisation through to the implementation, operation and certification of systems. TÜV Rheinland has already accompanied various network operators in Germany to increase information security at all levels of the organisation.
The information security management system implemented according to ISO / IEC 27001 (ISMS) is a proven tool to systematically increase information security within the organisation and to efficiently control the actual risk situation.
As part of a 360-degree analysis TÜV Rheinland observes the current level of information security from three essential perspectives: technology, organisation and staff as well as processes and, especially in areas dealing with sensitive data, including control technology or accounting.
The focus of the consulting services is on conducting a
, evaluating risks and implementating the ISMS including defining guidelines and roles in order to guarantee security of information in the long term.
Read more about ISO 27001 - L0
Advantages of an ISO 27001 certification
• Increased information security at all levels in the organisation with appropriate deployment
• High information security as an integral part of all business processes
• Effective control of IT risks through
systematic risk management - L0
• Systematic detection of vulnerabilities; minimizing IT risks, potential damage and subsequent costs
• Increased availability of IT systems and security of IT processes to ensure confidentiality of information
• Security towards compliance requirements
• Independent verification of the reliability, quality and security with respect to the quotations to your partners, customers and the public
• Competitive advantage through an internationally recognized standard