|Client:||Provider of Worldwide Telecommunication|
|Project Location:||Germany, Ireland and Turkey|
|Timeframe:||2008 up to now|
|Main services:||• Drafting of energy balance reports|
• Implementation support for energy management systems as per EN ISO 50001
• Performance of energy audits as per EN 16247-1
• Certification “Tested energy management system”
• Green IT: - L0 energy efficiency assessment of data centres and IT work stations, certification “energy efficient data centre” certification “energy efficient IT work stations”
• Measuring services: electrical power flow measurements
|Regulations/standards involved:||• EN ISO 50001|
• EN ISO 16247-1
Initial situation and requirements
Specialized knowledge in IT energy was required.
Those objectives required experts with specialized knowledge in energy concepts. TÜV Rheinland was chosen as the expert in IT energy concepts.
The first project in Germany was convincing, therefore the company decided to carry out the data center certification in other subsidiaries.
Read more about Energy Efficiency Project Consulting - L0
Benefits for the Client
The clients now know where the highest energy consumption comes from. By innovative energy management - L0 it is possible to stir the energy supply thoroughly and thus achieve financial bargains.