|Client:||Manufacturers of heat generators|
|Project Location:||Germany and Italy|
|Main services:||• Energy relevant Products (ErP) assistance|
• Exhibition of internationally valid certificates and audit reports
• Completion of EC type-examination certificates
• Independent validation of efficiencies and emission limits
• Initial tests for the purposes of the Construction Products Regulation (CPR) as well as project support
• Certification, for example, by Ecodesign Directive
• Licensing procedure
• Evaluation of global market access
• Independent production inspections
• Production monitoring in the context of the Pressure Equipment and Gas Appliances Directives and the Construction Products Regulation
• Assessment of tap profiles
• Evaluation of so-called “packages”
• Assessment of the supply of heat and stand-by losses
|Regulations/standards involved:||• Delegated regulation (EU) Nr. 811/2013; 812/2013; 813/2013; 814/2013|
• Ecodesign Directive (Lot 1 und Lot 2)
Initial situation and requirements
Manufacturers of heat generators have to report their energy consumption / energy efficiency - L0 as part of the Ecodesign Directive (via energy label).
In doing so, they document whether it is a product of the efficiency class A, B or others. Desirable is Class A or even better. For this purpose, the devices must be further or newly developed.
TÜV Rheinland has been selected for these types of inspections based on the basis of their know-how and the existence of appropriate inspection facilities. The respective customers have the goal to be a pioneer in their field in the implementation of the Ecodesign Directive.
Read more about our Energy Efficiency - L0
Benefits for the Client
With the support of TÜV Rheinland in Ecodesign the geat generators for the manufacturers:
- Increase in the energy efficiency of all affected energy-using products.
- Conservation of other resources through more effective production and disposal.
- Improving the sustainability of the products by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.