Procurement support and suppliers management – high quality and supply reliability with optimized costs
Procurement markets are more global than ever before, and any reverse to this trend seems unlikely. At the same time, there are major opportunities and challenges involved in securing a competitive edge through optimal procurement strategies and a comprehensive implementation of purchasing potential.
For many years we have been successfully exploring and analyzing the international markets for both, railways and buses throughout the supply chain from OEM to tier 3 suppliers. We identify and audit suppliers, conduct market dialogs and design tender procedures in order to find the optimal 'product' for your specific needs as part of your overall strategy. With our detailed knowledge of technology and methods we help to develop sustainable asset strategies and optimized plans for future operations and assist in creating full sets of tendering documents and successfully completing the contract award process.
Our excellence in methods and market experience in terms of procurement support make us a reliable partner for public bodies, particularly in the area of innovative and complex turn-key projects. In Europe, we are the market leader among companies assisting in vehicle procurement, and we are often the first point of contact for transport companies, authorities and railway operators in equal measure.
When it comes to procurement in rail or transport in general, we offer the right service at the interface between technology and commercial considerations. Interdisciplinary team-working particularly with lawyers and legal professionals when drawing up contracts is a matter of course.
Secure your competitive advantages and contact our experts now.
Global supply markets and optimal supply chain management
Identifying and developing the best suppliers in the world; creating fleet and infrastructure strategies; management of vehicles and systems and operating them at optimized cost; and securing purchasing potential, including for spare parts and maintenance – that is what we stand for. Our designated railway experts assist you in all service and product areas around the world with excellent methodical expertise and regional market knowledge.
Successful tendering and sustainable procurement for your company
We help you and provide comprehensive assistance in all aspects of purchasing and procurement.
Strategic definition and preliminary considerations
- Elaborating or developing procurement strategies
- Market research and dialogue
- Global sourcing strategies, supply chain and supplier analysis
- Make-or-buy analysis as a base for decision-making
- Consultation on choice, structure and tailoring of tender or general procurement procedures
- PPP, Franchising & Concessioning support
- Review of existing documents, extraction of requirements
- Workshops for requirements definition
- Break-even analysis
- Analysis of modernization vs. new procurement
- Definition and specification of requirements for bidders and procurement object
- Implementation of a requirements management system
Supporting the procurement process
- Development of qualification, inquiry and tendering documents, including specifications
- Review or definition of techno-commercial contract requirements and framework conditions including for LCC/ RAMS
- Design of scoring systems and award criteria
- Answering of supplier/bidder questions
- Participation in negotiations
- Evaluation and appraisal of expression of interests, applications and bids
- Award recommendation
After contract conclusion
- On-going contract and risk management
- Monitoring of operators / service providers and/or assets
- Optimization after expiry of warranty periods
- Continuous supplier development
- Safeguarding handover to follow-up contracts and obsolescence topics
Our support in numerous purchasing and procurement projects has contributed to our customers' success, for example in the following areas:
- Vehicles for public and local transport, including special purpose vehicles
- Rail and infrastructure components
- Depot and workshop equipment
- Test, maintenance and repair services
- Research and development work
- Fleet management and information systems
- IT systems and services
- Free-flow toll systems
- Advertising concessions
Rely on our experience of procurement in the rail industry
We provide support from a single source, allowing you to benefit from our practical expertise within rail industry and operation as well as our tried-and-tested toolset. We offer extensive experience in the technical service sector, in economic optimization as well as process conformity assurance and process development. As a reliable partner and with strong economical thinking, we offer you reproducible results, efficient procurement processes, independent advisory and project management support.
Contact us now to learn more about our services!
Our Sustainability Initiatives
Nothing less than the future is at stake. Companies, institutions, public authorities and each and every one of us can play a positive role in shaping the path to tomorrow. We provide you with comprehensive support to ensure that you operate safely, sustainably and efficiently for many years to come.