The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate equips you with the skills required to execute occupational health and safety protocols for the oil and gas sector.
• Manage appropriate emergency response measures
• Recognize common workplace hazards and prevent them from recurring
• Implement control measures applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM)
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas International General Certificate is aimed at anyone responsible for health and safety in the oil and gas industry, including:
• Health and safety officers
• General managers
• Safety supervisors
• Environmental health & safety engineers
There are no mandatory entry requirements. However, having awareness of general health and safety issues is essential. It is recommended you complete the NEBOSH General Certificate program before taking this course and have a suitable standard of English language (score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests).
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate has one unit with five elements:
Unit IOG1: Management of Health and Safety
• Element 1: Health, safety and environmental management in context
• Element 2: Hydrocarbon process safety I
• Element 3: Hydrocarbon process safety II
• Element 4: Fire protection and emergency response
• Element 5: Logistics and transport operations
The course is assessed with a two-hour written exam. The exam is split into two sections with 10 short-answer questions and one long-answer question.
Certificate of Completion