Completing the NEBOSH Certificate course enables you to implement occupational health and safety practices effectively. You will learn the skills and protocols involved in the domain to:
- Advocate and implement effective health & safety improvements
- Carry out general risk assessments
- Achieve Technical Membership of TechIOSH
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) International General Certificate is aimed at anyone responsible for health and safety, including:
- Occupational health and safety officers
- General managers and supervisors
- Public service workers
- HR managers
- Operational managers
- Security workers
The course is largely recognized as the perfect way to kickstart a career in health and safety. But it is also great if you just want to improve your knowledge to be able to do your job better.
There are no specific academic qualifications, skills or experience required to take up the NEBOSH Certification program. However, NEBOSH does recommend a minimum standard of English for all learners, equivalent to level 6 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) tests.
The course is split into two modules:
IG1: MANAGEMENT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
2 hr exam with 10 short-answer questions and one long-answer question.
IG2: RISK ASSESSMENT
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
3 hr practical risk assessment carried out in the workplace.
Certificate of Completion