Testing and Certification of All Types of Household Appliances
Stove, deep-fryer, or washing machine, we carry out all legally prescribed tests and investigations for devices used in the home. Our comprehensive testing includes verifying appliance characteristics, measuring energy efficiency and energy consumption, energy class labelling and assuring electrical safety. TÜV Rheinland certifications enable manufacturers to sell devices on the world market.
Furthermore, our experts assist with product development and series production, as well as the certification processes for household appliances being approved for consumers.
Benefits of Our Testing and Certification Services for Household Appliances at a Glance
TÜV Rheinland testing and certification services for your household appliances enable you to:
- Comply with all required directives and standards in order to launch your products onto the market.
- Provide your products competitive advantage thanks to our neutral test mark.
- Benefit from short testing times and our many years of experience.
- Strengthen confidence in the quality and safety of your household appliances products.
Please feel free to contact us at TÜV Rheinland to learn more about how our household appliances testing and certification services can benefit your company.
Household Appliances Testing Regulations
Our experts will test your household appliances based on the following test regulations:
- Fitness for use, in accordance with DIN EN 62552, including measuring:
- Energy efficiency
- Energy consumption
- Storage temperature
- Rising time
- Freezing capacity
- Ice supply
- Cooling performance
- Energy efficiency label - ID in accordance with RL 2010/30/EU – VO (EG) Nr. 1060/2010.
- Electrical safety in accordance with DIN EN 60335-1 and DIN EN 60335-2-24.
- Electromagnetic compatibility in accordance with DIN EN 55014-1 and DIN EN 55014-2.
- Electromagnetic fields in accordance with DIN EN 62233.
- Selected chemical parameters in accordance with the German Food and Feed Code (LFGB).
- Sound power level in accordance with DIN EN 60704-2-14.
- In accordance with the client’s specific requirements.
- Manual according to DIN EN 82079-1.
Further expert testing for your household appliances include the panel test, testing of handling, thermal imaging and customer-requested testing.
Example of Household Appliances
- Small household appliances: all-purpose slicers, hand-held mixers
- Cooking appliances: coffee machines, toasters, grills
- Body care appliances: electric toothbrushes, hair dryers
- Household cleaning appliances: steam irons, steam cleaners, vacuum cleaners
- Large kitchen appliances: ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, air conditioners
- Wellness products: steam showers, showers, sauna equipment, whirlpools, steam baths
Household Electrical Appliances
A new version of the standard EN 60335 Part 1 has recently been published under the low-voltage directive 2006/95/EC. Changes have been made to surface temperatures and the use of household appliances by children and the elderly has been taken into account.
From 21/11/2014, all household appliances must comply with EN 60335-1:2012-01. As of 01/12/2012, EN 62233 (formerly EN 50366) must be referred to when considering the EMF (electromagnetic fields) for conformity.