Reach international markets in a single step with our CB certification
The CB scheme is an international system for mutual recognition of test results and certificates relating to the safety of electrical and electronic components, operating equipment and products on the basis of a multilateral agreement between participating countries and certification organizations.
More than 50 countries currently take part in the CB scheme, including Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, South Africa, India, China, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Canada, USA, Mexico and Argentina.
The CB scheme makes it much easier for manufacturers to market their electrotechnical products at an international level. A CB certificate and the CB test report allow manufacturers to apply more quickly for the respective national certification marks for various target markets.
Our experts test your products as part of the CB scheme and also handle the additional testing and certification required for the access to global markets.
CB scheme for shorter testing times and quicker market access
Our CB certificates allow you to export your electrotechnical products more quickly around the world. You can also call on a single source for additional testing and certification for the different national test marks in your target markets. There is no need for expensive multiple testing, and you benefit from shorter testing times and our extensive international experience.
Do you have any questions about the CB scheme or the requirements you need to meet to market your electrotechnical products at a global level? We are happy to tell you all about the CB scheme and various country-specific regulatory requirements as part of our Market Access Services.
Four steps to a CB certificate
- When you submit your request for a CB certificate, you or your representative need to include all necessary technical documents and list all the national and international production sites for your electrotechnical product.
- You provide us with a sample of the electrotechnical product for testing.
- Once we have tested the prototype and determined whether it conforms to the applicable IEC standards we will create a CB test report.
- On the basis of this CB test report we issue a CB certificate that you will receive along with the CB test report.
Based on your CB certificate we are happy to provide further country-specific certifications as part of our Market Access Service. Just send us a list of all the countries where you want to sell your electrotechnical product in future.
Possible electrotechnical product groups for the CB scheme
We offer safety and EMC testing according to the CB procedure for the following electrotechnical product groups as categorized by IECEE:
- IT and office equipment e.g. IEC 60950, IEC 60825, IEC 62368
- Electronics, entertainment e.g. IEC60065, IEC 60950, IEC 62368
- Household and similar equipment e.g. IEC 60335
- Batteries e.g. IEC 62133
- Lighting e.g. IEC 60598, IEC 61347
- Electrical equipment for medical use IEC 60601
- Measurement, Control and Laboratory equipment IEC61010
- Electromagnetic Compatibility e.g. CISPR14, IEC 60601 etc.
- Safety transformers and similar equipment IEC 61558
- Portable tools e.g. IEC 60745
- Miscellaneous e.g. IEC 60825
- Installation accessories and connection devices e.g. IEC 60884, IEC 60309, IEC 61058
- Switches for appliances and automatic controls for electrical household appliances e.g. IEC 60730
- Photovoltaics e.g. IEC 61730
- Installation protective equipment e.g. IEC 60898
- Low voltage, high power switching equipment e.g. IEC 60947
- Cables and Cords
- Industrial Automation e.g. IEC 60204
- Electrical Vehicle
- Capacitors as components
- Energy Efficiency
- Hazardous Substances
- Electric Toys
Direct access to international markets with your experienced partner
We are an experienced partner for professional services relating to the IECEE CB scheme for electrotechnical products.
Our four national Certification Bodies in Germany, Hungary, the US and Japan and our various other international sites around the world help you apply for the corresponding national certification marks and approvals. We have contact persons on site who are familiar with the regulatory requirements of your target markets, which allows us to offer you a comprehensive service as part of our Market Access Services.
Use our experience to reach new markets. Our employees will gladly tell you about the right regulatory procedure for your product. Contact us for an individual offer!
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about the CB scheme
|Sample certificate||82 KB||Download|