The Proof of Competence for Manufacturers of Technically Welded Products
Document the high quality of your welded products for your customers through a certification of your company in accordance with ISO 3834. This standard sets the quality requirements for the factory and determines the quality assurance principles of the welded products. With this, the high quality of your products is already guaranteed during production. The certification is intended for businesses in the field of repair and installation and which offer welding in serial production and individual production. We provide service from a single source. Please contact us.
Your Benefits at a Glance
With a certification of your welding operation in accordance with ISO 3834 by the experts at TÜV Rheinland you
- prove the high quality of your products and thus strengthen your competitive position.
- select an inspection partner with a global presence that offers you a certification of consistent quality at each location and on all continents.
- optimize your internal process and can thus reduce costs.
Service from a Single Source
ISO 3834 distinguishes three different levels of welding quality: “complete”, “standard” and “basic”. Our experts will advise you on which level is most appropriate for your business. For more information about the different levels, see “Additional Information” .
The Certification Process at a Glance
In the first step, the level of requirements is defined and their implementation will be verified by our experts in subsequent audits. If the appropriate level of accreditation is implemented in your operation, you will receive the certificate which is issued with a maximum validity period of 3 years. The number of control audits during the period of validity depends on the level of accreditation, scope and results of the certification audit.
Our staff reviews on-site how the requirements of ISO 3834 are implemented in your company. The scope and inspection criteria are dependent on the level of accreditation.
EN ISO 3834-2 “Complete” Quality Requirements
In the accreditation level “complete” we review three areas in our audit:
- A quality management (QM) system must be installed and operative in the company.
- There is a welding supervisor in the company who has extensive knowledge in the areas of design, manufacture and testing of welding components, such as an international welding engineer. In addition, the responsibility and authority in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14731 must be clearly assigned to this employee.
- The welders have a valid certification in accordance with EN 287-1, ISO 9606-2. With fully mechanized and automatic welding processes, you must employ machine operators with a valid certification in accordance with EN 1418. If you offer non-destructive testing, you need certified inspection personnel in accordance with EN 473.
EN ISO 3834-3 “Standard” Quality Requirements
In the accreditation level “standard” only point 1 differs from the “complete” quality requirements.
- Here again the QM system is also a requirement. An adequately documented and effectively implemented quality-management manual (or alternatively procedural and operational instructions and other specifications) must be available. The synergy of the processes is then reviewed.
- The other points correspond to ISO 3834-2.
EN ISO 3834-4 “Basic” Quality Requirements
- The third level of accreditation does not require a QM system.
- Furthermore a welding supervisor in terms of EN ISO 14731 is not necessary.
- As a manufacturer you have the responsibility for the welding-technical part of the production and therefore, basic knowledge of the quality requirements for the required production monitoring for welding has to be demonstrated. The responsibility can, of course, be transferred to the appropriate persons, and the fulfillment of the required welding-related quality has to be specified in writing.
- The welders need a valid certification in accordance with EN 287-1, ISO 9606-2 and with fully mechanized and automatic welding processes, machine operators must have a valid certification in accordance with EN 1418.