Conformity with the new Machinery Regulation EU 2023/1230
Since June 14, 2023, the new Machinery Regulation has been published and will replace the current Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC in Europe. The Machinery Regulation specifies a 42-month transition period and the change from Directive to Regulation will take place on the effective date of 20 January 2027. All machinery placed on the market or put into service before 20 January 2027 must be CE marked in accordance with the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
From 20 January 2027 CE marking of machinery or assessment of partly completed machinery is only possible according to the Machinery Regulation EU 2023/1230. Take advantage of the transition period to adapt your machines and processes to Regulation EU 2023/1230. TÜV Rheinland will be happy to test your current machines in accordance with the essential health and safety requirements of Annex III. Or have Annex III of the Machinery Regulation tested as an option for new machine developments.
Optimize the operational safety and efficiency of your industrial machinery
Reliability and safety are the most important requirements for industrial machinery to ensure smooth manufacturing processes. With our comprehensive service portfolio for industrial machinery, you create the best conditions for the conformity and safe operation of your equipment in accordance with national and international regulations. As part of the machine assessment, risk potentials are identified early on and downtime rates are reduced. The internationally recognized reports and approvals provided by our independent experts enable you to demonstrate your commitment to a safe working environment and to high quality standards.
This firm commitment to safety, quality and sustainability gives you an enormous advantage over your competitors. Contact our experts to discuss your specific requirements.
Experience the benefits of an expert machinery inspection
Benefit from the advantages of an independent certificate upon successfully completing the test. With a globally recognized certification, you document compliance with safety standards, reduce your liability risk, and offer your customers a valuable tool for decision-making when selecting a product.
By testing your industrial machinery, you can internally identify mistakes during development at an early stage and avoid risks, costs, and malfunctions.
We conduct our machinery assessment according to international norms and standards – from the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC for the European Economic Area to the OSHA Directive 29 CFR 1910 for the USA. We keep track of the ever-changing safety regulations for new, operating, and modified machinery at the local and the global level and ensure the conformity of your machinery.
Conformity with the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
Our machinery assessments are based on EU directives and standards such as the following, and include:
- EC type examinations for machinery according to Annex IV of the European Machinery Directive as a "Notified Body".
- Conformity assessment for products within the scope of the Machinery Directive
Technical testing in accordance with the German Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health, including the following details:
- Quick check for safe operation including documentation review
- Comprehensive analysis with consideration of all risk areas (explosion, cybersecurity, pressure, etc.)
- State-of-the-art safety analysis as requested by the customer
Machines with an increased risk potential require special attention
The operation of machines with a considerable risk potential, such as interlinked systems and conveyor systems, necessitates increased safety requirements and thus an additional assessment:
- Safety assessment of work equipment (in accordance with the German Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health, international regulations, the requirements of statutory accident insurance companies and the requests of the operator)
- Preparation of safety analyses on the current state of technology & assessment of machinery in compliance with the current state of technology
- Coordination of the results with the client and collective determination of any measures according to the TOP principle
Customized solutions for more machine safety
We offer you a testing portfolio customized to your company and your machinery, including services such as:
- Safety testing based on German, European and global standards and regulations
- Testing according to the specifications of the international SEMI association : SEMI-S2 (general safety), SEMI S8 (ergonomics), SEMI S22 (electrical safety) and S23 (sustainability).
- Testing of ergonomics, ease of use and service
- On-site or laboratory electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing
- Testing of the functional safety of your machine control system
- Safety assessments during commissioning of machines and assessment of consumption figures
- Support in the preparation of risk analyses and risk assessments as well as hazard assessments
- Support with interim tests for new products and product modifications
- Quality assurance during construction (e.g., review of construction drawings and circuit diagrams or quality control of the production before shipment)
- (In-house) training
Machinery testing for international markets
As a globally recognized and authorized testing body (NoBo, NRTL, CB, etc.) for impartial approvals, we support you in firmly establishing yourself in the industry. Your needs are important to us, so our experts pay close attention to the unique requirements of your specific situation. We will prepare your quotation while considering your target markets as well as the applicable regulations.
Your valued partner
When testing your industrial machinery, we emphasize the importance of a smooth process. As a "Notified Body", accredited testing laboratory, inspection body and recognized certification body, we are a reliable partner for testing your machinery. Of course, we also offer our experience and expertise for on-site testing at your facility.
For your convenience, we have optimized the process and reduced it to just two simple steps. First, we prepare a quotation based on the documentation you provide about machinery and target markets. In the second step, we perform all the required tests and issue either a certification (positive assessment) or a comprehensive report detailing any open issues, based on which the necessary modifications can be made (negative assessment).
Regardless, our experts are available to answer questions at any point during the testing phase. Contact us if you are interested in an initial review of a similar machine, or in reviews of circuit diagrams or other documents.
Make an appointment with our experts now! Together we will find the right services for you.
Keep track of international approvals
The experts at TÜV Rheinland know the requirements and challenges of approving industrial machinery in other regions of the world. We provide you with detailed information. Register directly and stay up to date with our webinars and technical articles.
|Flyer: Conformity with the new Machinery Regulation EU 2023/1230||471 KB||Download|