Higher-Quality X-Rays at Lower Cost with Computed Radiography Services
To ensure higher-quality X-rays and to reduce costs, in in industrial radiography, businesses are turning to computed radiography (CR) – a digital X-ray process that doesn’t require film or development chemicals.
TÜV Rheinland offers high-quality and convenient computed radiography services. Which means you can enjoy the advantages of an industrial CR system without having to invest in the expensive equipment needed to perform it.
Benefits of Our Computed Radiography Services at a Glance
With computed radiography services from TÜV Rheinland, you can be sure of:
- More precise imaging with greater picture enhancement.
- The ability to view multiple thickness areas in one exposure.
- Reduced costs, with no chemical or silver recovery required, through digital-image processing.
- Faster turnaround time.
- TÜV Rheinland's exclusive, one-stop shop service.
Computed Radiography Approach
Our computed radiography services are completed in a simple four-step procedure:
- You drop off the part or parts to be X-rayed in our industrial CR system.
- A knowledgeable and experienced technician X-rays the desired area.
- The technician diagnoses the detected area for discrepancies according to your requirements.
- The technician provides you with a report along with a CD-ROM of the X-ray if desired.
Additional Information on Computed Radiography
In an industrial CR system, you use phosphor plates as you would film, but process them in the plate reader instead. These highly efficient plates can be erased and reused thousands of times and require less exposure than film.
The uses for computed radiography range from small complex pieces to parts as large as a dinosaur, limited only by the penetration of the radiation source.
If you’re interested in TÜV Rheinland’s computed radiography services, you may also be interested in our services covering these areas:
- Radiographic testing
- Non-destructive testing laboratory
- Sorting and containment services
- Sampling phased array
|NDT Services Overview||8 MB||Download|