We inform you here about the cookies used on the website https://www.tuv.com, owned by TÜV Rheinland (hereinafter "the Website"), and the reason for their use.
What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a small file that is stored on a user's computer, cell phone or tablet when certain websites, applications or platforms are accessed and that allows them to recognize their users.
Cookies are now an indispensable part of the way the internet works and bring countless benefits for the provision of interactive services that facilitate browsing and improve the user experience.
Cookies help to customize websites, applications and platforms to personal needs.
Cookies cannot damage your devices. On the contrary, if they are activated, they can help to detect and correct errors and improve the quality of the user's browsing experience.
Among other benefits, cookies allow the storage and recovery of information about the preferred way of browsing of each user or their device.
The specific uses we make of this technology are described below.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
If you visit our website for information purposes only, without registering or providing us with information, we will still collect the following personal data that is transmitted from your browser to our server.
a. IP address
b. Date and time of your request
c. Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
d. Content of the request (exact page)
e. Access status / HTTP status code
f. The respective amount of data transferred
g. Website from which the request originates
i. Operating system and its interface
j. Language and version of the browser software
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation, which permits the processing of technically necessary data to ensure the stable and secure operation of the website.
Which cookies do we use?
The cookies used on the website are our own and those of third parties, which allow us to store and retrieve information about the language, the type of browser used and other general characteristics specified by the user, as well as to monitor and analyze the activities carried out in order to introduce improvements and offer new services in a more efficient and personalized way.
The website uses the following cookies:
Owner of the cookies:
- We use our own cookies, which we send from a device or domain managed by us to the user's terminal from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- We use third-party cookies. These are sent to the user's device from a device or domain of a third party that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- We use technical cookies, which are essential to enable users to access and browse the website. They allow users to browse a website, platform or application and choose among the various options or services that can be found there, including those used for the operation and management of the website and the activation of its functions and services. The inclusion of these cookies does not require the user's informed consent.
- We use analytical or measurement cookies, i.e. those that, when processed by ourselves or by third parties, allow us to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked and to measure the impact of advertising. The information collected by means of this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms in order to make improvements to the products or services offered in accordance with the analysis of data on the use(s) to which users dedicate the service. The inclusion of these cookies requires the informed consent of the user.
- We use preference or personalization cookies: these make it possible to store information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that may differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as the language, the number of results to be displayed when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Advertising cookies are placed by third-party companies that process your data to create target group lists and place targeted advertising on social media and the Internet.
Retention period of cookies:
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are described below:
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. This type of cookie stores a so-called "session ID", with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the joint session. This allows your computer to be recognized the next time you visit our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are deleted after a certain period of time, which may vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies at any time via the browser's security settings.
You can find a list of the cookies used and their storage duration here.
How can our users manage the cookies we use?
You can manage our cookies yourself, i.e. you can reject them individually or as a whole, in the cookie information .
The website has no control over websites that appear in response to a search, links or access from our directory. These other websites may insert their own cookies or ask you for personal information.
How can our users disable cookies in the main browsers?
It is usually possible to stop accepting cookies from the browser or a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change the settings for cookies.
These settings can usually be found in the "Options" or "Preferences" section of the browser menu.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Configuration
- Firefox: Preferences -> Privacy and Security
- Chrome: Settings -> Configuration -> Show advanced options -> Privacy and security
- Safari: Preferences -> Privacy
- Opera: Configuration -> Privacy and security.
Further information can be found in the "Support" or "Help" section of your browser or via the following links: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Opera.
Most browsers offer the option of activating a private mode in which cookies are always deleted after your visit. The name of this private mode depends on the browser used. Below you will find a list of the most common browsers and the different names of this "private mode":
- Internet Explorer 8 and later versions - "Private browsing
- Safari 2 and later versions - "Private browsing
- Opera 10.5 and later versions - "Private browsing
- Firefox 3.5 and later versions - "Private browsing
- Google Chrome 10 and later versions - "Incognito
How to disable third-party cookies
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policies/cookies
- Youtube: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en-US
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out?trk=microsites-frontend_legal_cookie-policy
- Google: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en-US
- Eloqua: https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/privacy-policy.html
- Digioh: https://www.digioh.com/privacy-policy
- Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
- Meta platforms
- Walls.io: https://walls.io/privacy
- Baidu: https://ir.baidu.com/baidu-statement-privacy-protection
International data transfer
TÜV Rheinland AG
Group Data Protection Officer
Am Grauen Stein
51105 Cologne, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 221 / 806 - 0