Lawn and Garden Equipment
Solutions for Lawn and Garden Products:
Lawn and garden product safety and regulatory compliance is a critical issue for manufacturers. Customer expectations have never been higher.
Domestic and international distribution channels as well as end-users demand safety, reliability and rigorous compliance to existing and emerging standards. In this ever more complex environment, it only makes sense to look to a proven world leader for solutions. TÜVRheinland® is an international expert in the field of regulatory compliance, and our expertise goes far beyond CE Marking. In the lab and in the field, in highly industrialized and developing countries, our engineers perform product evaluations to certify conformance to safety and quality standards for producers and consumers alike.
Types of Products and Evaluation Services Offered
Consumer ride-on and walkbehind mowers — battery operated, petrol powered, cord connected walk behind mowers:
- ANSI B71.1 — Walk-behind mowers and ride-on machines with mowers safety specifications.
- EN 836 — Garden equipment, powered lawn mowers, safety.
- ANSI B71.4 — Commercial turf care equipment safety specifications.
- EN 745 — Agricultural machinery - rotary mowers and flail-mowers, safety.
- UL 1447 — Standard for electric lawn mowers.
- EN 50338 — Safety standard for pedestrian controlled battery powered electrical lawnmowers.
- ISO 11094 — Test code for the measurement of airborne noise emitted by power lawn mowers,lawn tractors, lawn and garden tractors, professional mowers and lawn and garden tractors with mowing attachments.
- ISO 5395 — Power lawnmowers, lawn tractors, lawn and garden tractors, professional mowers and lawn and garden tractors with mowing attachments.
- ANSI B71.3 — Snow throwers safety specifications.
- ISO 8437 — Snow throwers safety requirements and test procedures.
- EN 14910 — Garden equipment - walk-behind combustion engine powered trimmers, safety.
- EN 15503 — Garden equipment – garden blowers, vacuums and blower / vacuums, safety.
- EN 709 — Agricultural and forestry machinery - pedestrian controlled tractors with mounted rotary cultivators, motor hoes, motor hoes with drive wheel(s), safety.
- UL 1090 — Standard for electric snow blowers.
Hand held products — battery operated, petrol powered, cord connected, hand held lawn and garden equipment:
- UL 1602 — Safety standard for gasoline engine powered, rigid cutting member edgers and edger/trimmers.
- ISO 7112:1999 — Portable hand held brush cutters and grass trimmers.
- ANSI B175.3 — Grass trimmers and brush cutters safety requirements.
Our Services and Expertise Includes:
- Mower test capabilities extend from consumer to agricultural products; cutting widths from walk-behind to multi-spindle agricultural cutters.
- On-site mechanical testing, including thrown objects, structural integrity and blade impact testing.
- On-site acoustic and vibration analysis capabilities, including hand/arm and whole body vibration analysis.
- Operator/bystander potential hazard evaluation, including safety distances, pinch points and guarding analysis.
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing to domestic and international standards.
More information on CE Marking Industrial Machinery.
As a world leader in compliance testing and certification since 1872, TÜVRheinland® offers you the expertise and attention-to-detail you need to guarantee customer satisfaction. We’ll help you bring your products to global markets — quickly, economically and with a worldwide-recognized mark.