Global Market Access Made Easy
TÜV Rheinland railway technology experts can help train manufacturers as well as ervice providers expand into existing as well as new global markets. We can assist you obtain the required domestic and international approval process, ensure compliance with country-specific requirements, and coordinate with appropriate authorities. Our approval management team covers high-speed trains, regional trains, locomotives, freight cars, and infrastructure components.
Benefits at a Glance
The approval management service from TÜV Rheinland helps you:
- Fulfill country-specific legal requirements needed for approval and operating license
- Ensure compliance of your products and services with the EC Directives 96/48/EC and 2001/16/EC
- Gain access to our international network of Notified Bodies for Interoperability
- Simplify your negotiations with authorities, using us as your independent and neutral mediators
- Get comprehensive support from a single source for all your railway technology testing and approval needs
Our Services for Approval Management in the Rail Transport Sector
Our experts will advise and guide you through the domestic and international approval processes for:
- Significant modifications made to vehicles
- Infrastructure components
- Operating as carriers and service providers in the railway sector
An Overview of Our Approval Management
Determination of the exact requirements for approval and coordinating with the appropriate authorities, where necessary.
Completion of EC verification according to the EC Directives 96/48/EC (interoperability of trans-European high-speed rail system) and 2001/16/EC (interoperability of conventional trans-European rail system).
Moderate during the approval process and negotiations
Resolution of complex technical problems.
Help in preparing the required documentation for approval.
Many assignments for assessments and certifications of transit, railway and railroad components and systems on high-profile projects around the world prove our outstanding qualification and expertise. For more information, please click on the links below.
- China (PDF, 429 KB)
- Denmark (PDF, 444 KB)
- Germany (Airport Frankfurt Main Sky Line) (PDF, 380 KB)
- Germany (LF2000 NGT8/S Frankfurt/Main) (PDF, 513 KB)
- Germany (Falns Freight Wagon) (PDF, 475 KB)
- Italy (PDF, 434 KB)
- Poland (PDF, 757 KB)
- Sweden (PDF, 246 KB)
- USA (New York City Transit) (PDF, 108 KB)
- USA (South New Jersey Light Rail) (PDF, 232 KB)