Automotive Lighting Technology Testing
Tested Vehicle Lighting
Automotive headlights have to ensure proper visibility and safety at all times. Experts at TÜV Rheinland have over 60 years of experience providing testing and assessment services in automotive lighting technology. We provide a comprehensive range of testing and measurement services to assess the quality of your vehicle lighting, and prototypes of all kinds including bicycle lighting, approach lights and flash units. We offer you complete support throughout the approval process to ensure compliance with the required domestic and international standards and regulations.
Benefits at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland's automotive lighting technology tests, you can:
- Ensure that your lighting technology meets regulations and market requirements
- Improve the quality and safety on the road and in other applications
- Benefit from our intensive collaboration with our global network of regulatory authorities and other industry pioneers
- Combine development testing and certification tests, saving significant cost and time
Our Services for Lighting Technology
Our experts provide a wide range of testing and assessment services for automotive lighting technology. Our testing and assessment scopes continue to grow. Here is a partial list of some of the services we offer.
- Individual and sample certificates for imported vehicles
- Occupational health and safety testing and certification
- Bicycle lighting
- Securing escape routes
- Photometric measurements for signal posts
- Photometric measurements for approach lights
- Luminescent foils
- Flash unit measurements
- Assessing the lighting technology of on-site laboratories
- Determining the photometric parameters of compact fluorescent lamps
- Photoluminescent materials
- Determining phosphorescence and luminescence
- Determining reflective properties for all types of reflectors
- Light dispersion
- Prismatic measurements for wavelengths from 250 nm to 780 nm
- Determining chromaticity coordinates
- Spectral filter transmission levels
- SAE certificates
Our Wide Range of Tests
Our experts inspect and test a wide range of lighting technology for the automotive industry and other applications. We provide comprehensive certification consulting and help you comply with national, European, and other international standards.
To get more information, or to obtain a personalized quote, contact us today!