Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing / EMC Testing
Prevent Interference and Prepare for the Global Market with EMC Testing
At TUV Rheinland, we offer EMC testing services to help manufacturers meet the global EMC requirements, including FCC, Industry Canada and the EMC directive for a wide range of products. All electric or electronic devices and especially wireless devices, are required to meet these global regulations for EMC. For many electronic products bound for the global marketplace, the challenge of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing and CE marking has become more daunting than ever. TÜV Rheinland offers the unmatched technical capabilities, advanced equipment and extensive experience necessary to take its customers there. We also offer in-situ EMC testing of industrial products at the manufacturer's facility, a very cost effective approach for large industrial systems.
Get Your Products to Market Faster
TÜV Rheinland offers a combination of convenient locations, expertise, and a comprehensive suite of testing services to get products to market faster. With five (5) conveniently located state-of-the-art EMC testing facilities throughout North America, TÜV Rheinland is uniquely qualified to help its clients get their products to market quickly. All 5 of our EMC labs are accredited to ISO 17025:2005 by A2LA, an ILAC MRA Signatory. Additionally, we have several labs equipped with 5 and 10 meter chambers, allowing us to easily handle large products such as industrial equipment and medical devices, as well as small- and medium-sized products. When requirements include large industrial equipment that is built in place, one of TÜV Rheinland’s dedicated mobile EMC labs can test at the customer’s location – outdoors, indoors, or right on the factory floor.
Approvals for the Global Market
With TÜV Rheinland, customers can obtain the approvals required to market products internationally. As an EMC Notified Body (CAB) and international service provider, we offer a flexible, competent service to help you meet the requirements of the EMC directive 2004/108/EC as well as all North American EMC requirements required by the FCC and Industry Canada. We also have a dedicated international approvals department to assist customers with EMC requirements anywhere in the world. For wireless radio compliance needs, TÜV Rheinland is a TCB for the US, and an FCB for Canada, allowing us to provide the wireless product certifications required. TÜV Rheinland is a MRA CAB and is constantly expanding our EMC testing services locally, and within TUV Rheinland’s global network.
Benefits at a Glance
Product tests and certification from TÜV Rheinland helps you to:
- Ensure your compliance with the legal requirements for the EMC directive and CE Marking
- Receive conformity evaluation from an accredited, independent third party
- Gain increased security in terms of product liability
- Improve your market position with tested products
- Benefit from our expertise and extensive experience
Efficient Services for Electromagnetic Compatibility
Our experts will evaluate the electromagnetic compatibility of your product in only three steps:
- Evaluate your product and create an appropriate test plan
- Testing of the product according to the relevant standard.
- Issuance of a test report.
- Certification (Optional)
Products we test for include:
- Household and Leisure Products
- Industrial machines - Mobile EMC Testing, In-Situ
- Information Technology Equipment
- Medical Products
- Laboratory Equipment
- Alarm Systems
- Wireless Radio Equipment
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Power Supplies
- Battery Chargers
- ZigBee Compliant Platforms and Application Profile Products
- WiFi enabled devices
- Bluetooth enabled devices
- And More...
EMC Engineering Capabilities
- Prepare EMC test plans
- Perform system level EMC design reviews
- EMC mitigation consultation
- Project management for EMC compliance of large complex systems
- Review EMC technical file and issue Notified Body Statement of Opinion
Mobile EMC Labs
Our mobile EMC labs are designed as an independent, complete test facility to maximize efficiency and minimize customer down time. On-site (in-Situ) tests can be performed with the mobile labs if the equipment under test cannot be transported to the test lab.
TÜV Rheinland: A Globally Renowned Test Authority
In North America
All 5 Of TUV Rheinland’s EMC labs are accredited to ISO 17025:2005 by A2LA, an ILAC MRA Signatory. Our labs are located in Raleigh, Newtown, Pleasanton, Rochester, and Santa Clara.
Through our international approvals group, TUV Rheinland can assist with defining EMC requirements anywhere in the global marketplace and then provide testing services using our MRA CAB status.
As a notified body, we adopted the CB process many years ago. The CB process counts as a basis for national certification in many other countries in the European Union, also in countries that are not yet official member states. TUV Rheinland is a CBTL for EMC.
Additional TÜV Rheinland Advantages
- EMC Notified Body (CAB) for the EMC Directive
- Global service provider with a vast portfolio of services
- TCB certifier for US wireless compliance
- FCB certifier for Canada wireless compliance
- MRA CAB for many countries